Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara-Vendetti FOX Main Event Peaked At 1,067,000 Viewers; Show Averaged 832K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara-Vendetti FOX Main Event Peaked At 1,067,000 Viewers; Show Averaged 832K

FOX's viewership dipped Saturday night from the network's preceding boxing broadcast a week earlier. Nielsen Media Research reported Tuesday that the main event of that telecast Erislandy Lara's relatively easy, 12-round victory over huge underdog Greg Vendetti averaged 1,042,000 viewers and attracted a peak audience of 1,067,000. FOX's main event August 22 Shawn Porter's lopsided points defeat of Sebastian Formella in a 12-rounder was watched by an average audience of 1,077,000 and drew a peak viewership of 1,225,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not sure why PBC would make Lara the main event and against a no name. Frankly I’m surprised the ratings were that good. I wouldn’t even have put that in a FS1 main event but I suppose the guys in the inside with PBC and FOX know far more than we do. Maybe FOX wants to spend less money on the shows during the Rona pandemic than prior to and for the time being. Seems the case since the fights that were on regular FOX prior are now POV level during the pandemic

Comment

And the future Hall of Famer rolls on!

Would love to see rematches with Hurd/Castaño/Canelo at some point before he retires!

Right now let’s get Lara vs J rock or Lara vs Harrison

Comment

Better than I expected honestly, I expected it to be worse but I'm sure FOX is OK with that

Comment

Where are the heavy weights???

Comment

Lara has been a star since he gave Saul Clenelo Alvarez a thorough schooling and beating.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Better than I expected honestly, I expected it to be worse but I'm sure FOX is OK with that
              As long as they get better ratings than mls I think fox is happy.

Comment

Lmao well, could only go up from here!

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                  As long as they get better ratings than mls I think fox is happy.
                  Well in that Case compared to MLS these numbers are GREAT!

Comment

Really good numbers for a mismatched main event that was ultimately boring as ****

Comment

Working...
                    X