Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Erislandy Lara Dominates Greg Vendetti Over Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Erislandy Lara Dominates Greg Vendetti Over Twelve

Lara, Vendetti Fight Photos Gallery - Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles - IBO, WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (27-3-3, 15 KOs) cruised past Greg Vendetti (22-4-1, 12 KOs) to win a twelve round unanimous decision. The scores were 116-112, 117-111, 117-111. (photos by Sean Michael Ham)
    [Click Here To Read More]

the title doesnt say a lot. "Lara decisions a game Vendetti over 12" this fight was a little bit easier to watch than most lara fights

Comment

A boring fight from a very boring fighter. I was just happy to make it through that snooze fest in order to watch the main event on ESPN+ between Jose Ramirez vs Viktor Postol. I damn near fell asleep on that fight (Lara vs Vendetti).

Comment

I didn't watch this fight but I wonder if they added crowd boos for Lara?

Comment

It seems like if ur a skilled boxer who can shut down an aggressive boxer, & slowly beat him up, without getting hit upside the head, you get called boring by some so-called boxing fans. These types of fans want every fight to be a pier 6 brawl with blood and teeth flying everywhere. But all that kind of fight does for fighters is to have them slurring their words. These same fans need to go in a gym and ask to box a few rounds without headgear just to see what's really going on in there��

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
            It seems like if ur a skilled boxer who can shut down an aggressive boxer, & slowly beat him up, without getting hit upside the head, you get called boring by some so-called boxing fans. These types of fans want every fight to be a pier 6 brawl with blood and teeth flying everywhere. But all that kind of fight does for fighters is to have them slurring their words. These same fans need to go in a gym and ask to box a few rounds without headgear just to see what's really going on in there��
            The art of the sweet science is to hit and not get hit. In other words, stick and move.

However, Lara style is not to hit and not get hit at all. That makes for a very boring fight when a challenger is hardly throwing any punches at all but just constantly moving his feet and bouncing on his toes by making his opponents miss.

That is not the sweet science to me. You have to not only move and make your opponent miss but also make them pay by throwing jabs, landing counters and combination punches in bunches.

Comment

Originally posted by Input1914 View Post
              I didn't watch this fight but I wonder if they added crowd boos for Lara?
              More like a snoring track.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                This is not the amateurs. Lara fights like an amateur. He runs, REFUSES to engage, refuses to fight, refuses to entertain the fans...he should stick with amateur boxing, professional boxing requires you to take chances, challenge yourself, and captivate the audience... fighters like Lara ruin the sport, give boxing a bad rap, and do nothing positive for it. He is arguably the most boring fighter I’ve ever seen... you don’t have to be a Brandon Rios or a runner like Lara...there is a middle ground.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                  This is not the amateurs. Lara fights like an amateur. He runs, REFUSES to engage, refuses to fight, refuses to entertain the fans...he should stick with amateur boxing, professional boxing requires you to take chances, challenge yourself, and captivate the audience... fighters like Lara ruin the sport, give boxing a bad rap, and do nothing positive for it. He is arguably the most boring fighter I’ve ever seen... you don’t have to be a Brandon Rios or a runner like Lara...there is a middle ground.
                  If you can press Lara, he will fight you in a phone booth. It is up to the opponent to impose his will on those type of fighters. He has two fights of the year on his resume, and he is not a brawler. Williams went after him and he, Lara, beat him up. His fight with perro was a grueling match, he went down twice and still made angulo quit. Two of his most recent fights were back and forth non stop action, hurd and castaño. Like I say, if you not good enough, he will make you look silly for the duration of the fight. By the way, he does throw power punches and is the active leader on % landed. They mentioned on telecast, 47%.

Comment

Waste of TV Time! Should've put this on FS1 or something

Comment

Working...
                    X