Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: 'Dangerous' Viktor Postol Is A Major Threat To Jose Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: 'Dangerous' Viktor Postol Is A Major Threat To Jose Ramirez

Andre Ward views Viktor Postol as a legitimate threat to Jose Ramirez's championship reign. Ramirez is listed as a 7-1 favorite to beat Postol on Saturday night, yet Ward wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Postol pulls off an upset. The former WBC super lightweight champion has lost only 12-round unanimous decisions to a pair of unbeaten, elite-level fighters, Terence Crawford and Josh Taylor, whom Ramirez hopes to encounter next in a 140-pound title unification fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sorry Andre, I just dont see that happening period. Viktor is gonna be outgunned from the start to the end. He doesn't have the strength to keep Ramirez off Imo. If Robert Garcia is present or not isn't gonna play a large enough part for Ramirez to lose.

Comment

looking forward to this!

It should be fun while it lasts.

May the best man win.

Comment

Are the two opposing comments from the two guys calling the fight? I just hope they both get some good shots in and work it for several rounds and stay off the dance floor and keep it close. But it has not been on my radar as something special but you never know when a real fight is going to break out in the ring it happens at the strangest times with the weakest canadates from here and there. That is one of the reasons I will start to watch a fight.

Comment

I understand that Ramirez is the favorite but he lost to Zepeda. Let that sink in for a moment. A rematch was deserving and they never gave it to him. Ramirez had the opportunity of joining the WBSS but declined it and was seen as a duck of him avoiding Prograis. Hooker wasn't that good as the media was making him out to be and showed he struggled with Les Pierre. He was never gonna win the fight with Ramirez and him not being able to make weight comfortably any longer established that and was easy work for Ramirez. Bradley is just unlikable as a commentator, way too biased rather than being honest with realism. Winning this fight is up to Postol on how bad he wants it. If the game plan is to box then there's a possibility that Ramirez could lose but my concern is that even if Postol were to win convincingly, the judges will do a poor job with the scoring and gift another win to Ramirez as a means to maintain the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
            I understand that Ramirez is the favorite but he lost to Zepeda. Let that sink in for a moment. A rematch was deserving and they never gave it to him. Ramirez had the opportunity of joining the WBSS but declined it and was seen as a duck of him avoiding Prograis. Hooker wasn't that good as the media was making him out to be and showed he struggled with Les Pierre. He was never gonna win the fight with Ramirez and him not being able to make weight comfortably any longer established that and was easy work for Ramirez. Bradley is just unlikable as a commentator, way too biased rather than being honest with realism. Winning this fight is up to Postol on how bad he wants it. If the game plan is to box then there's a possibility that Ramirez could lose but my concern is that even if Postol were to win convincingly, the judges will do a poor job with the scoring and gift another win to Ramirez as a means to maintain the status quo.

Good post. Jose Zepeda will always give Ramiriz problems. He's good on his feet and always moving from the waist. Ramirez does better with a stationary target and Postal has no inside game, he's there to be hit.

For the record, Arum absolutely kept Ramirez away from Prograis and rightfully so. In hind site DiBella should have demanded a rematch clause because I doubt if Arum will ever allow a Taylor rematch.
            Last edited by factsarenice; 08-29-2020, 10:06 AM. Reason: Grammar, spelling

Comment

Viktor Postol is no threat to the jr. welterweight king, Jose Ramirez should make a statement on his return to the thrown by being the first man to stop Postol.

Adding Viktor Postol with Maurice Hooker as two top ten jr. welterweights that never been stopped should convince the boxinscene writers to replace Josh Taylor with Jose Ramirez in the top 5 P4P, word-up.

Did somebody say Ian John Lewis protected Josh Taylor? Yup, I caught that too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Viktor Postol is no threat to the jr. welterweight king, Jose Ramirez should make a statement on his return to the thrown by being the first man to stop Postol.

Adding Viktor Postol with Maurice Hooker as two top ten jr. welterweights that never been stopped should convince the boxinscene writers to replace Josh Taylor with Jose Ramirez in the top 5 P4P, word-up.

Did somebody say Ian John Lewis protected Josh Taylor? Yup, I caught that too.
                I hope when you were in Robert's Gym you warned Ramirez about Postol's jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                  I hope when you were in Robert's Gym you warned Ramirez about Postol's jab.
                  If Jose Ramirez has not improved from his struggles with southpaws : namely, Vasiliy Lomachenko ( in the amateurs ) and recently against Jose Zepeda, the unorthodox angles may pester Jose for the first few rounds. I'm sure Robert Garcia and the elite RGB academy, Vergil Ortiz, Mikey Garcia, along with the new incorporation of sparring 147 pounders, have fully prepared Ramirez for his 4th consecutive defense.

Viktor Postol is not stopping Jose Ramirez from unifying the division.

Comment

The Scot will demolish Ramirez, if he gets by Postal.

Comment

Working...
                    X