Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cassius Chaney Stops Chauncy Welliver In Four, Remains Unbeaten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cassius Chaney Stops Chauncy Welliver In Four, Remains Unbeaten

Cassius Chaney pushed past what was literally his biggest test to date. The unbeaten Baltimore-bred heavyweight picked up his first win of 2020, extending his knockout run in the process with a 4th round stoppage of Chauncy Welliver. The one-sided affair was mercifully stopped with Welliver on his feet but unable to defend himself from an accumulation of punches in the opening bout Friday evening at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Going by the names this sounds like a bare-knuckle prizefight from the 1800's or something.

Welliver been fighting as a pro for over 20 years too... Damn

Maybe time to step up the competition with a first name like that.

Comment

I remember this guy on ESB used to swear chauncey would one day be champion.

Comment

I used to think Chauncy Welliver just blew up from a MW, but no... he's always been a chunk. Nice guy, just never took training/diet seriously. At one point he was actually ranked. Interesting read: https://www.boxingnoir.com/chauncy-a...colate-factory

Comment

That's a helluva reach.

Comment

When will Chaney fight someone with a pulse? Fight that Jean Pierre Augustin guy or Jerry Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
              That's a helluva reach.

Wait a minute this dude is already 33

LOL

JUST LOL

At American heavyweight boxing

I thought dude was like 23

Comment

33 already. Over before it even started.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  I used to think Chauncy Welliver just blew up from a MW, but no... he's always been a chunk. Nice guy, just never took training/diet seriously. At one point he was actually ranked. Interesting read: https://www.boxingnoir.com/chauncy-a...colate-factory
                  Thanks I like stories like that.

This fight however was painful to attempt to watch. Chauncey got his hand caught in the ropes and ate like 10 shots in a row at one point. His hands are faster than I expected for someone coming in at 378 with massive distracting t1ts. Equally interesting seeing a guy that size try and bounce around on his toes a bit and reset himself.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                    Thanks I like stories like that.

This fight however was painful to attempt to watch. Chauncey got his hand caught in the ropes and ate like 10 shots in a row at one point. His hands are faster than I expected for someone coming in at 378 with massive distracting t1ts. Equally interesting seeing a guy that size try and bounce around on his toes a bit and reset himself.
                    Yep... it's just discouraging to see stories like this, a guy that big, with a heart of gold trying to help kids develop a skill, yet in this bad of shape, not well off financially, getting old. Read a similar story a while back about Ron Stander. I just hope Portland steps up and helps Chauncy out a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X