Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Truax (Illness) Out, Alfredo Angulo To Now Face Vladimir Hernandez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caleb Truax (Illness) Out, Alfredo Angulo To Now Face Vladimir Hernandez

Caleb Truax cannot catch a break. The former super middleweight titlist has been forced off of Saturday's edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox due to what BoxingScene.com understands is non-COVID related illness. Minnesota's Truax was due to face Alfredo Angulo in a sanctioned title elimination contest as part of a Fox-televised tripleheader live from Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

WTF this is now definitely the worst televised card of the week

Comment

It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Hernandez beat Perro

Comment

Fans still don’t get the politics. Benavidez was most likely going to lose or perform horrid because he couldn’t make 168. Haymon needs to sell Benavidez as undefeated as PBC is trying it’s best to survive Covid economics. So David was advised to go over weight just so that he could feel comfortable and not lose due to dehydration-deprivation. And what do you know, Haymon is able to get David the #1 spot at 175 in The WBC the same week.

Now Haymon NEEDS Perro at all costs to sell Plant vs Angulo because it’ll be a Mexican fight to sell. Truax was paid step aside since his purse wasn’t big anyways.

Haymon is a business man. He knows how to move money. These strategies enable better matchmaking metrics as its suffering due to Covid. I give Haymon props for hustling the game. But no bullshet, Truax ain’t sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpin Kru View Post
          Fans still don’t get the politics. Benavidez was most likely going to lose or perform horrid because he couldn’t make 168. Haymon needs to sell Benavidez as undefeated as PBC is trying it’s best to survive Covid economics. So David was advised to go over weight just so that he could feel comfortable and not lose due to dehydration-deprivation. And what do you know, Haymon is able to get David the #1 spot at 175 in The WBC the same week.

Now Haymon NEEDS Perro at all costs to sell Plant vs Angulo because it’ll be a Mexican fight to sell. Truax was paid step aside since his purse wasn’t big anyways.

Haymon is a business man. He knows how to move money. These strategies enable better matchmaking metrics as its suffering due to Covid. I give Haymon props for hustling the game. But no bullshet, Truax ain’t sick.
          Yea man. Haymon is always three steps ahead. I remember when he told Benavidez to snort that coke so he could lose his title and get Dirrell a vacant belt.

Comment

How did Caleb get sick within 19 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
              Yea man. Haymon is always three steps ahead. I remember when he told Benavidez to snort that coke so he could lose his title and get Dirrell a vacant belt.
              Haymon is strong with the WBC. Yildirim is a PBC fighter.

Haymon is smart. Plant vs Angulo builds the second showdown of Plant vs Mexican 2 (Benavidez).

The Pandemic affected Benavidez’s diet plan throughout the months, so Haymon doing his powers to move things around.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Hernandez beat Perro
                I agree man... Angulo is so slow these days.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

How did Caleb get sick within 19 minutes?
                    Assume many boxers have been out of shape due to the pandemic. Any off calibration of 5lbs imo Can have drastic effects. It’s possible Truax even had Covid before and didn’t know it, so during the drain week fighters are noticing residual effects. The water cut is too much. That’s one realistic theory since these last two days the water maintenance is always calibrated highly and we don’t know much or Truax’s physique these past months.

Still, just a whisper of discomfort gives Haymon the opportunity to switch hit for what’s more marketable. Angulo vs Plant should be in Cali.

Comment

Working...
                    X