Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter-Formella FOX Main Event Peaked At 1,225,000 Viewers; Averaged 1,077,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter-Formella FOX Main Event Peaked At 1,225,000 Viewers; Averaged 1,077,000

FOX's viewership of its main event Saturday night was almost identical to the totals from the network's previous boxing broadcast. Nielsen Media Research revealed Tuesday that FOX's main event Saturday night, Shawn Porter-Sebastian Formella, drew a peak audience of 1,225,000 and an average audience of 1,077,000. FOX's prior main event, Jamal James-Thomas Dulorme on August 8, was watched by a peak audience of 1,224,000 and drew an average viewership of 1,076,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Showtime" Shawn Porter is anything but "Showtime" when it comes to ratings lol.

I mean the main event was a mismatch against a complete no namer, but to only average 810k viewers? Terrible. Sure, the Lakers were playing on prime time on ABC at the same time, but the terrible boxing ratings continue.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-25-2020, 06:32 PM.

I think the lack of fans have affected viewers more than fighters. It doesnt have the electric atmosphere you can feel even when watching it on TV

Comment

Hard to get excited for a fight with a guy named Sebastian in it. Unless it's Fundora. Was impressed with him.

Yeah, crap fight though.

Comment

That's terrible. Everyone was watching ufc and the Lakers play.

Comment

Meh, fake news. Peak is the number to look for, and it will be higher.

Comment

You had a ESPN+ card with a better fight and nba playoffs.

What ratings were expected for Porter vs a nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
              You had a ESPN+ card with a better fight and nba playoffs.

What ratings were expected for Porter vs a nobody?
              Better than what it drew.

Comment

It was painful to watch. Porter sucks.

Comment

I thought Porter boxed extremely well and didn't smother himself or do the linebacker bit. One of the most impressive showings I've seen him in. I like the guy a lot.

Comment

I'm a boxing fan and had no idea Shawn was even fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X