Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Follows Career-Advancing Victory With Chores First, Celebration Second

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Follows Career-Advancing Victory With Chores First, Celebration Second

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - In case you'd not noticed already, Joe Smith isn't your typical fighter. Case in point, just two days after the most substantial win of his pro career, the rugged Long Island native isn't headed to Disney World, the Caribbean or any other haunt typically sought by an athlete in full-on celebration mode. Instead, the soon-to-be 31-year-old...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m a Joe Smith fan and that says a lot since he retired one of my fave fighters ever in Hopkins.

Joe Smith vs Caleb Plant would be huge! I say let’s start grooming that fight, and hope Smith knocks those tears back into Plants skull.

Comment

Smith just goes under the raider. It’s almost as if he isn’t American. He can be crude but I had him winning pre-fight and was impress with how he actually box Alvarez before stopping him.

Comment

Joe Smith is hard working and blue collar, as American as apple pie. He has flaws but has never stopped improving regardless.

Ramirez vs Postol is this weekend? There's hardly any hype about that fight. It should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Joe Smith is hard working and blue collar, as American as apple pie. He has flaws but has never stopped improving regardless.

Ramirez vs Postol is this weekend? There's hardly any hype about that fight. It should be a good one.
          I thought Smith was Irish wasn’t he sporting Irish trunks and calls himself Irish Joe smith?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Yeah I'm looking forward to that one but the lack of any news or hype around it worries me that it's postponed again and I didn't even know. It's almost like Jose Ramirez fights are not allowed to be advertised or promoted....

Comment

Smith is all round impressive as a man and as a solid fighter. If only there was a WBSS at LHW. Drag Canelo's azz back up and let's go.

Comment

I loved Smith Jr as soon as I saw him coming back from being stunned to knock the shìt out of Fonfara.

Comment

I thought the two Russians was the second fight in a "four man elimination" to determine WBO champ, with Smith to fight the winner for the title?

Comment

"Lara (26-3-3, 15 KO): Tenth title fight (7-1-1); Tenth consecutive title fight "

Is this correct? Lara's last 10 fights have been for titles? How and why? Unless they are including title defenses which would make more sense. If that is the case they should probably word it differently because it sounds as if Lara has fought 10 times in a row for a title he did not have.

Anyways, good to see Smith still climbing and still working.

Comment

Working...
                    X