Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez's Trainer Believes Time Has Come To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez's Trainer Believes Time Has Come To Retire

Eleider Alvarez and his coach made a pact together. When he would suffer his next defeat, it was understood that the boxer had to hang up his gloves in order to leave his sport in good health. This is the scenario that will occur after the painful loss against Joe Smith, which took place on Saturday night at the MGM Grand's Conference Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's what is best, he was pretty good but his time has passed. Won a world title, had one of the best one punch KO's in recent memory. Had a solid career no need to go on longer if he doesn't have too.

Comment

Harsh words. I thought Alvarez looked good, Smith just gave him the Brandon Rios treatment and wore him down.

If he decides to continue, I wouldn't mind seeing him in there with Marcus Browne.

Comment

Had a good career and his peak was quick!

Can always say that he was a world champion and has legit the first legit stoppage of Kovalev plus his Michael Seals KO was an instant classic!

I thought he fought a dumb game plan but it seems his legs an engine weren’t the same!

Kudos to Storm Alvarez an hopefully he enjoys the life outside of boxing and has invested!

Comment

If it's from the trainers mouth himself then it is for the best. Alvarez was a very skilled amateur who turned pro too late if he would've started a little earlier he might've made a bigger name for himself. His Achilles injury must've really been bad he had very good movement and he displayed that in fights against the likes of Edison Miranda, Jean Pascal, Lucian Bute, and Sergey Kovalev and still had a good right hand even though his hand was jacked up from an accident that crushed his knuckles. He could probably still compete against lesser opponents but what's the point if he can't compete to his fullest. At least he became a world champion and won it in good fashion had Colombia ever had a light heavyweight champion before Alvarez does anybody know? Either way he is probably the best boxer to come out of Colombia since Urango and Perez.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Harsh words. I thought Alvarez looked good, Smith just gave him the Brandon Rios treatment and wore him down.

If he decides to continue, I wouldn't mind seeing him in there with Marcus Browne.
            Alvarez used to have legs he had none. He never bad talk his or former fighters. Nothing agaisnt smith power a ko is a ko but alvarez should have been alot harder to hits

Comment

We all saw what happened with Adonis Stevenson. Retire, be healthy and you can still be connected to the sports and earning money

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Had a good career and his peak was quick!
                Perhaps we didn't really see all of alvarez' peak, as he spent a couple of years sitting it out after accepting step aside money when he was mandatory?

Good advice from Jackblack imo.

Alvarez was a class act. Good luck to him whatever he decides.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                  Perhaps we didn't really see all of alvarez' peak, as he spent a couple of years sitting it out after accepting step aside money when he was mandatory?

Good advice from Jackblack imo.

Alvarez was a class act. Good luck to him whatever he decides.
                  Yeah I remember Stevenson paying him so he didn’t have to fight him which was disgraceful!

I’m glad Adonis is doing much better but he was stalling the division, we never got to see him vs Alvarez or Kovalev!

Crazy how Joe Smith went from being the common man to possibly world champ and potential threat to the top guys at 175!

Comment

Working...
                  X