Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith: Win Over Alvarez Was a Big One, I Really Needed It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith: Win Over Alvarez Was a Big One, I Really Needed It

Joe "The Beast" Smith Jr. once again lived up to his moniker. The Long Island native, nearly four years since he knocked Bernard Hopkins through the ropes, knocked out Eleider "Storm" Alvarez in the ninth round of a WBO light heavyweight world title eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Joe Smith

Comment

You did.

Who does he gets to fight now?

Comment

Real hard not to root for Smithy, everyman's everyman, a working Joe (pun intended) who makes the big time on guts and grit and proves the crtics wrong over and over. He ain't the most polished - or even close - but he keeps pulling it off, and honestly has improved significantly as a consequence of the opposition he's faced.

WAR JOE JR!!!

Comment

These overachievers in boxing are always a good thing. We saw it in the 80s with Haugen, Barkley and Pendleton, the 90s with Gatti etc. There is always that one dude around who wins fights they shouldn't, but they seem to find a way.

Comment

That is a fantastic win for Joe. Alvarez had never been knocked out as a professional, and I don't remember ever seeing him knocked down. Joe has improved his defence and tightened up his offence. All the best to him

Comment

Joe Smith is a man.

Comment

If anyone is smart you know he's gonna face Gilberto Ramirez for the title and he will need a KO to win

Comment

Great to see another American putting himself next in line for a title shot.

Comment

This is Joe's best win, with all due respect to old man Hopkins.

Alvarez was a former champ and he had wins over Sergey Kovalev, Jean Pascal, and Lucian Bute.

Comment

Working...
                    X