Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Alexander Povetkin Ices Dillian Whyte With Brutal One-Punch KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Alexander Povetkin Ices Dillian Whyte With Brutal One-Punch KO

Povetkin, Whyte Fight Photos Gallery - At Matchroom's Fight Camp in Brentwood, former WBA world champion Alexander Povetkin (36-2-1, 25 KOs) turned back the clock and blasted Dillian Whyte (27-2, 18 KOs) out cold to capture the Interim WBC heavyweight world title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was a beautiful uppercut. He looked like he was heading for the body, and switched it up. One of the best knockouts I've seen for a long time.

Comment

He didn't really "turn back the clock" did he.

That summons the image of Povetkin, light on his feet, moving like butter, throwing off crisp, quick combos.

No he planted his feet and landed a big shot, you can do that at any age.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post

That summons the image of Povetkin, light on his feet, moving like butter, throwing off crisp, quick combos.

-yeah that's true

No he planted his feet and landed a big shot, you can do that at any age
        -that's not how he set the shot up at all, was very slick movement

Comment

I don't think you're giving Povetkin enough credit by saying " he Just planted his feet and landed a big shot ".
          Povetkin set up that uppercut by digging to the body in the early rounds IMO.

Comment

IM glad piece of sht Dillian got his plans messed up

Comment

amazing photo set... miss out two of the three knockdowns and the fight ending punch

Comment

That's very true. I had Povetkin winning the first couple rounds, but I even mentioned to my wife how he looked slow, plodding, old...

He just did what old fighters need to do to win. He set a trap, and executed it perfectly. He won that fight off experience.

Comment

povetkin did the job like a master russian assassin LOL! whyte who's a matchroom fighter taking out the matchroom sign as he came crashing down was poetic!

Comment

Povetkins age was so obvious in the 4th, taking risks and going down not at all hurt (yes he was clipped each time) but that's what happens with 41 year old legs under you, you don't have the strength or the balance any more.
                    Congratulations to Pov. Great set up. Great shot. Great win.

DW... To me lost the first fight to Chisora & was loosing the 2nd till the ref changed the fight with bad bias refereeing. Same with Parker & Rivas he's been riding his luck for to long. He's got a great jab that was physically moving Pov but he's slow in so many other way's. He simply doesn't have it.

Seriously if he wins a rematch does anyone but Hearn & Whyte want to see that fight now?
                    Last edited by Bob; 08-23-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X