Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magdaleno Declined Navarrete Fight, WBO Title Shot Because of Paltry Pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magdaleno Declined Navarrete Fight, WBO Title Shot Because of Paltry Pay

Jessie Magdaleno was in line for a title shot against Emanuel Navarrete for the vacant WBO featherweight championship. Top Rank, who promotes both fighters, claimed a purse bid earlier this month with an offer of $250,000 to make the fight happen. For Magdaleno (28-1, 18 KOs), the money in the pot proved to be too little, and he pulled his name out of the picture to fight Navarrete (32-1, 28 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jessie Magdaleno made a minimum of $100,000 in his foul-filled fight and disqualification victory over Yenifel Vicente in June in the MGM Grand Bubble in Las Vegas.
    This explains why Jessie cant let his nuts hang against the 'Cowboy' Emanuel Navarrete.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Jessie Magdaleno was in line for a title shot against Emanuel Navarrete for the vacant WBO featherweight championship. Top Rank, who promotes both fighters, claimed a purse bid earlier this month with an offer of $250,000 to make the fight happen. For Magdaleno (28-1, 18 KOs), the money in the pot proved to be too little, and he pulled his name out of the picture to fight Navarrete (32-1, 28 KOs).
      Out here losing to Dogboe but he wants a raise SMH.

Maybe instead of trying to make fun of Vicente during their fight he should have tried to win more impressively.

Comment

I do not read other peoples contracts that is there business but still it feels like everyone who is in the ring is supposed to take a pay cut. No everyone is supposed to take a pay cut except the Fans who are supposed to pay for any decent fight that comes along as a PPV or stream of some form. the only guys who are not taking a loss are who? Promoters and on up the line. But I dont have the books and dont care to read them. The fight did not strike me anyhow. Just how it goes. let them fight another whoever. Let the numbers fall off with viewers. Save some dollars loose some more fight fans here and there. Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Dam bob did magdelano dirty,the guy at least deserves 100,000 more for a title fight

Comment

For a title fight it seems a little short, but is better than sitting out and making no money at all? On the bright side he probably saved himself a beatdown.

Comment

Jessie Magdaleno turning down UFC PPV main event money.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Jessie Magdaleno turning down UFC PPV main event money.
                Lol. Why you gotta dog the UFC like that? You know they're a monopoly. White gotta make sure he makes more money than all his fighters on the cards put together.

Comment

Looks like a perfect opportunity for conlan to step in

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                    Lol. Why you gotta dog the UFC like that? You know they're a monopoly. White gotta make sure he makes more money than all his fighters on the cards put together.
                    I'm not dogging the UFC. I don't care what they pay their fighters. Their promotion is infinitely better than anything boxing has to offer. They've already put on 3 high-level PPVs during the pandemic. What has boxing given us? Just BS to gossip about. Same old BS, who's getting paid more, who's too risky to fight, who's on the other side of the street. I'm bored of it all.

Comment

Working...
                    X