Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Navarrete vs. Villa WBO Featherweight Title Fight Ordered, Magdaleno Pulled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Navarrete vs. Villa WBO Featherweight Title Fight Ordered, Magdaleno Pulled

Efforts to have Jessie Magdaleno skip the line en route to a featherweight title have proven to be for naught. BoxingScene.com has learned that an ordered vacant World Boxing Organization featherweight title fight between Magdaleno and Mexico's Emanuel Navarrete is no longer on the books. A purse bid hearing which was won by Top Rank to promote the fight is now considered to have defaulted, due to a lack of written confirmation citing Magdaleno's willingness to fight for the title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn, Bob not gonna be happy that his organization gave him the middle finger.

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

Ruben Villa was the #1. amateur bantamweight in the U.S.A. Villa, holds wins over Devin Haney in 2013 for the USA Junior National Championships Final and Shaqur Stevenson in the 2015 USA National Golden Gloves Quarter-Finals.

A shame that his world-title opportunity comes against the 'Cowboy' Emmanuel Navarrete. Ruben's tendency to hold his ground will provide us plenty of action. Ruben is a skilled southpaw, I wonder if that complicates things for Nava.

Comment

Don't sleep on Villa he's a really good boxer Navarettes moving up and he is still going to be the bigger guy by stature but I don't think he will run through people at 126 the way he did at 122 where he wasn't a big puncher either just overwhelmed guys based on activity if Ruben was the big underdog I'd throw some money in Vegas on it.

Comment

Villa is a hell of a boxers with great speed and movement and judges distance well. Been a favorite of mine for some time.
            Last edited by richardt; 08-19-2020, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Villa is a hello of a boxers with great speed and movement and judges distance well. Been a favorite of mine for some time.
              Agreed. Actually got to see him fight in Shreveport on the ShoBox card from January.

Definitely deserves a shot to mix it with the top guys, but think Navarrete will be a bridge too far though.

Comment

Dammit Jessie!

Comment

Magdaleno must have YouTubed Navarrete vs Dogboe and decided to play the silent card.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
                    Magdaleno must have YouTubed Navarrete vs Dogboe and decided to play the silent card.
                    True story.

Comment

Working...
                    X