Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What If Deontay Wilder Had Accepted DAZN's $100 Million Offer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: What If Deontay Wilder Had Accepted DAZN's $100 Million Offer?

By Thomas Hauser - On December 1, 2018, Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury fought to a twelve-round draw in Los Angeles. The fight generated a modest live gate of $3,515,122 with an estimated 315,000 buys on Showtime Pay-Per-View in the United States and 420,000 more with BT Sport in the United Kingdom. But their anticipated rematch was expected to put up...
    [Click Here To Read More]

The gist of the article to me is this: Fury is boxing's cash cow. The golden goose. The face of the sport. The kingpin of the division. The boogeyman. The man to beat. The shot caller.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      The gist of the article to me is this: Fury is boxing's cash cow. The golden goose. The face of the sport. The kingpin of the division. The boogeyman. The man to beat. The shot caller.
      Fury is a steroid cheat. A con man. A guy who kisses other guys. A mandatory ducker. A guy who went 12 rounds with Wallin and almost lost on cuts. A guy with only 2 good names on his resume. A champion who has only fought 2 guys out of the top 33 heavyweights in the world right now. A guy who fought in a fight where ewe they gave away more tickets than they sold, and that was 2 fights ago. A guy who faked mental illness to make people look away from the steroids. A guy who is married to his 3rd cousin.

Comment

Also, Wilder is an idiot who ran from 120 million and unification. So I am sure he is kicking himself right now in between sets of twerking hahaha

Comment

On March 12, 2019, Wilder, Haymon, and Finkel met with DAZN executive chairman John Skipper
          Interestingly you forgot to mention that Lou DiBella was also there.

Comment

It was a good thing he didn't take that offer because DAZN is almost dead. Thanks in large part to horrible matchups (Estrada vs. Adkins).

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              It was a good thing he didn't take that offer because DAZN is almost dead. Thanks in large part to horrible matchups (Estrada vs. Adkins).
              You think that fight is a big deal? It's nothing. Not a single person subscribed to see that fight.

Tell me all about these horrible matchups compared to other networks? From where I'm sitting they've produced some really good cards.

Comment

In reading all of that, summaries as this - He lost 60M, he would have been paid 40M to fight someone else who is tough even if Joshua lost to Miller or Ruiz (Which he did). He “Bet” on himself but the only thing he brought to the table was the belt which he held hostage, he claimed he didn’t want to be controlled like “Fury and Joshua” yet this mug has 3 managers/advisers who regularly mug him off.

Now that his only carrot has been taken off him by Fury, he has ran away and gone quiet ��, let’s hope the “Autopsy” doesn’t stop him from taking the third fight with Fury.

Comment

It's like this.

Wilder and PBC thought fury was SHOT (as did almost everyone else) and thought he could beat this fat depressed guy and call him lineal champion.

They didn't want any part of the AJ fight which even post Ruiz I can't call any better than that being a 50/50 for wilder

Anyway obviously it backfired massively and Wilder lost probs at least $50 million dollars and Fury ended up not being shot and being a worse opponent for Wilder than AJ

All in all a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                    Also, Wilder is an idiot who ran from 120 million and unification. So I am sure he is kicking himself right now in between sets of twerking hahaha
                    AJ wouldn't have even had the belts to unify with. Because he lost to ruiz. And was busy with rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X