Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rachel Ball Drops, Shocks Shannon Courtenay To Win Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rachel Ball Drops, Shocks Shannon Courtenay To Win Decision

Rachel Ball produced the biggest win of her career as she knocked down Shannon Courtenay in the first round on the way to winning a close eight-round decision over the Matchroom prospect on Eddie Hearn's Fight Camp.

[Click Here To Read More]

Another great fight. The ladies are moving up. For whatever reasons I just had Balls winning pre-fight.

Comment

Great signing Eddie, keep up the bad work... Maybe daddy can give you another backhand for this one...

Comment

If Amanda Serrano hurts Rachel Ball like Shannon Courtenay, she wont land that lucky punch to survive. Heather Hardy, Shelly Vincent or Jennifer Han would wreck this giant plucked ostrich.

Comment

Eddie , I’m guessing your heamoraging Money on fightcamp , i mentioned this a few days ago about this overhyped dumpy fighter Courtney , please explain to me what all the fuss is about ? I know sky and you lack quality And a crowd so it’s it’s a time for lesser fighters to shine but this kid is costing someone real money here , she has no star quality , no Real talent , no charisma, and all she does is load up and come forward . We all know you can prove me wrong by buying her a title and dressing it up but FFS you must be able to find someone better then her ? My advice is any sponsors that are silly enough To invest in Courtney should move over to Chantelle Cameron , she can box, can fight , has a great engine , can fight inside with a great range of punches . And finally I’m sure it’s obvious to Hearn and her team that she’s obviously in the wrong weight class , I’ve not studied her genetics and history but she’s at least 7b to heavy at the moment . It will take a lot of resources , discipline, knowledge, experience and dedication from her and her team for the love of the game and no reward in the short term to Have any chance Of progress . If she earns that progress and warranted success I’ll gladly congratulate her for proving me wrong .
          Last edited by Buggy bear; 08-15-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks
            Eddie Hearn Lol.....some pucka signings for you lately. Just skip up to Salford and hit a little pub called the Salford Arms for your next 5 signings

Comment

It was a good fight for the wrong reasons. A million miles from the quality of Harper and Jonas and showed that the problem of lack of depth in women's boxing hasn't gone away.

The corner mics really showed how immature Courtenay is, constantly demanding to know if her trainer thought she was winning instead of listening to the advice. But she didn't get beaten up or anything and has plenty of time to improve.

Comment

Entertaining fight. Shannon Courtenay does some things well and some things not very well. Same as Ball. I thought the commentary was very biased towards Courtenay, I know she was the house fighter but they were looking for anything to say positive about her.

Wouldn't mind if they run it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                  It was a good fight for the wrong reasons. A million miles from the quality of Harper and Jonas and showed that the problem of lack of depth in women's boxing hasn't gone away.

The corner mics really showed how immature Courtenay is, constantly demanding to know if her trainer thought she was winning instead of listening to the advice. But she didn't get beaten up or anything and has plenty of time to improve.
                  The only way women's boxing gets more depth is for the top women to be treated like real stars. Braekhus, Shields, Taylor, Mayer, Bopp, Serrano, Persoon, McCaskill, Farias, etc should all be getting better promotion and bigger paychecks. Tons of women got into MMA because Rousey smashed barriers and started getting people paid. Women's boxing needs that.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    The only way women's boxing gets more depth is for the top women to be treated like real stars. Braekhus, Shields, Taylor, Mayer, Bopp, Serrano, Persoon, McCaskill, Farias, etc should all be getting better promotion and bigger paychecks. Tons of women got into MMA because Rousey smashed barriers and started getting people paid. Women's boxing needs that.
                    Women’s Mma is exciting because the women actually try to stop their opponents, women’s boxing is as boring as watching paint dry because of the lazy manner in which they fight and the total lack of power in the game

Comment

Working...
                    X