Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fortuna vs. Tanajara Looking Likely With Withdrawal of Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fortuna vs. Tanajara Looking Likely With Withdrawal of Linares

Lightweight contender Javier Fortuna, who is in need of a new opponent because of the withdrawal of the ill Jorge Linares, likely will face substitute Hector Tanajara Jr., an undefeated up-and-comer, a source with knowledge of the discussions told BoxingScene.com on Sunday.

[Click Here To Read More]

Would rather see Haney vs Fortuna but if Tanajara can pick up a win here he puts himself in the mix big time....

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Would rather see Haney vs Fortuna but if Tanajara can pick up a win here he puts himself in the mix big time....
      Same here... The WBC should have just ordered Haney vs Fortuna.

Massive step up for Tanajara.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Same here... The WBC should have just ordered Haney vs Fortuna.

Massive step up for Tanajara.
        They 100% should have. Tanajara looks to have good fundamentals but that's a friggin massive step up. Despite being boring, he'd be mentioned with the other young up and comers if he pulls it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          They 100% should have. Tanajara looks to have good fundamentals but that's a friggin massive step up. Despite being boring, he'd be mentioned with the other young up and comers if he pulls it off.
          I think this could be a tough matchup stylistically for Fortuna. Tanajara doesn’t have much pop but he has decent hand speed and footwork, if he keeps it at long range I think he can outpoint the naturally smaller man in Fortuna.

Comment

What happened to Garcia?

Comment

Love it, Tanajara has been asking for a big fight this is just that. What El Finito lacks in power he makes up with technical skills. The kid been getting some of the best sparring @ RGBA with Vergil Ortiz, Jose Ramirez and Mikey Garcia. Honestly, see Tanajara stepping up against Fortuna and coming away with the W and some shine @ the heavily stacked 135 lbs division, Vamos Hector

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAnitaSmith View Post
                What happened to Garcia?
                Ryan Garcia want one million to fight Luke Campbell

Comment

I think this could be a tough matchup stylistically for Fortuna. Tanajara doesn’t have much pop but he has decent hand speed and footwork, if he keeps it at long range I think he can outpoint the naturally smaller man in Fortuna.
                  Yeah, I can definitely see Tanajara taking it so long as the moment doesn't get too big for him. I like his temperament and his skill set. Not a bad matchup honestly.

Comment

Yeah, just wanna see what the kid does when dealing with pressure

Comment

Working...
                    X