Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC Suspends Victor Rodriguez, Donte Stubbs: Positive Drug Tests In ESPN Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: NSAC Suspends Victor Rodriguez, Donte Stubbs: Positive Drug Tests In ESPN Wins

A pair of boxers who followed all COVID-19 safety and testing protocols during their time in The Bubble managed to fall short when it came to old fashioned drug testing within the sport. Victor Alberto Rodriguez and Donte Stubbs both remain under suspension with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) after having tested positive for banned substances following wins on separate ESPN-televised shows from MGM Grand Conference Center ("The Bubble") in Las Vegas. Both were previously issued temporary suspensions which were extended per unanimous vote by the five-person commission panel during their monthly agenda meeting on Wednesday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dammit, and I liked Stubbs

Comment

I think a lot of athletes have been doping during this time off, I think many more will fail tests in the future

Comment

The losing boxers of their fights should sue these cheating SOB's, plus their coaches, plus their promoter, and then the cheaters should lose their license for two years ... (assuming they are truly guilty).

Comment

Ban these cheats. Send a message.

Comment

Larry. During their time off? Nah bro. It’s year-round. And it’s 85% or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachcody View Post
              The losing boxers of their fights should sue these cheating SOB's, plus their coaches, plus their promoter, and then the cheaters should lose their license for two years ... (assuming they are truly guilty).
              Yes, I completely agree with you. Additionally, they should push for criminal assault prosecutions; their opponents actions are outside of the contracted rules for a boxing match so it was no longer "sport".
              The sooner athletes initiate these kinds of actions, the quicker all those involved will start to questions if cheating is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
                I think a lot of athletes have been doping during this time off, I think many more will fail tests in the future
                Yes, it's a certainty that the cheaters will have been utilising the lockdown period to try to rob honest fighters from their just rewards.

In Stubbs' case though he has tested for a very fast acting drug that he must have been calculating (probably based on previous results) on not being detected.

Comment

Why is this even news? This Stubbs guy is a former MMA fighter. The other guy I don’t even know or find on BoxRec.. which one is it? These are ESPN filler fights and Top Rank needed to provide filler for a card. So you guys are surprised that Top Rank wasn’t doing pre fight testing?

So again, do you guys understand a POST FIGHT FAIL? Lol. It means what they submitted in the locker room after their fight.

Blame Top Rank... they fished these guys for a filler card

Comment

Working...
                  X