Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Reflects on Late Trainer Naazim Richardson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Reflects on Late Trainer Naazim Richardson

As Bernard Hopkins tells it, he and trainer Naazim Richardson were a team for so long that they barely needed words to express their thoughts to each other. "We had a connection without even talking. Me and Naazim been around each other so much that when he would nod his head at me I knew what he meant," Hopkins told BoxingScene.com as he reflected on the untimely recent death of his cornerman. "When he's talking it sounded like he was mumbling but to me it's clear English."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maxim was one of my favorite trainers. Did they ever disclose his cause of death? Was it another stroke or heart attack?

Comment

True and lovely words from B.
      When N. spoke you’d have to have been a fool not to listen.A very sad loss.

Comment

Damn he was so young...I thought he was older

Comment

Cheapskate

Naazim Richardson laid out the blueprint for Hopkins to defeat Tito Trinidad. After that, Hopkins purses went up. Naazim's payoff did not. Hopkins was also famous for never tipping in restaurants. Lowlife.

Comment

RIP Brother Naazim.
            Always enjoyed watching my man work.

Comment

Don't forget to mention Bernard that when you started making the big buck$ you pushed Bouie Fisher out who was with you since the beginning and like a father, so you could keep most of the money.. FACTS...

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
                Don't forget to mention Bernard that when you started making the big buck$ you pushed Bouie Fisher out who was with you since the beginning and like a father, so you could keep most of the money.. FACTS...
                To be fair, Fisher was getting older and Hopkins needed a more hands-on trainer.

Comment

Swim without getting wet!!

Much Respect

Caught Felix Tito Trinidad trying to cheat.
                  Caught Antonio Margarito trying to cheat.

Rip to one of the smartest no nonsense trainers!!

"SWIM WITH OUT GETTING WET" (Nazeem Richardson)

Comment

RIP to Nazim. The man who guided hopkins into completely nullifying tito's juggernaut left hook and defanging the venom out of pavliks right hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X