Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marrio Barrios Arrives in Bay Area To Start Camp With Virgil Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marrio Barrios Arrives in Bay Area To Start Camp With Virgil Hunter

Undefeated WBA Super Lightweight champion, Mario "El Azteca" Barrios (25-0, 16 KOs), has arrived in the Bay Area, CA, to start training camp with his coach, 2011 Trainer of the Year, Virgil Hunter. Barrios is scheduled to defend his title against Ryan Karl (18-2, 11 KOs) in a 12-round bout as part of SHOWTIME / Premier Boxing Champions PPV Doubleheader on September 26, 2020.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's great to see Hunter up and about again. He's a great coach. I wished Amir Khan had dedicated himself more to the sport as he would have benefitted from the drills and mindset that Virgil cultivates

Comment

Looks like his brain trust is dialing the matchmaking a step back. He sure as hell got a gut check in his previous fight--that was an entertaining scrap. Gets kudos for landing a couple hail mary knockdowns to keep himself in the fight, but he was getting outworked & got some major help on the scorecards.

Comment

Big respect to Barrios for pulling out a grueling win in his last fight which was a sleeper for Fight of the year contender!

IMO I thought he lost the fight, he was getting beat up and I thought he had a fractured jaw at the end of the fight by the way his face swell to the size of a pumpkin!

Looking forward to his and hopefully we see a rematch between him and Ahkmedov, speaking of him when is he gonna fight again?

Comment

i though barrios got beat up pretty good and lost the fight, got your gift early in your career, put in work

Comment

I love barrios seen him fight at the Hurd and Williams fight .. dmv rooting for him

Comment

i thought the WBA ordered a rematch with Akhmedov? what happened with that?

he got beat up badly last time around

Comment

Working...
              X