Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Drops Michael Wallisch Three Times, Stops Him in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Drops Michael Wallisch Three Times, Stops Him in Third

Heavyweight contender Joe Joyce, who is on track for a super fight against fellow undefeated British heavyweight Daniel “Dynamite” Dubois, will take on the battle-hardened Michael Wallisch in the 10-round main event Saturday from BT Sport Studio in London.

This closed-door card, promoted by Queensberry Promotions, marks Joyce’s first ring appearance since last July's unanimous decision over former world title challenger Bryant Jennings.

Joyce-Wallisch will headline an afternoon of boxing streaming on ESPN+ beginning at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT.

Joyce (10-0, 9 KOs) burst onto the pro boxing scene after capturing a super heavyweight silver medal for the United Kingdom at the 2016 Rio Olympics. In less than three years as a professional, he has knockout victories over former world champion Bermane Stiverne and former world title challenger Alexander Ustinov. He won the Commonwealth title in his fourth pro fight with a second-round stoppage over Lenroy Thomas.

Although the Dubois fight is in the cards, he must defeat Wallisch (20-3, 13 KOs), a German veteran who once held the WBO European heavyweight belt. He last fought in September 2019 and was knocked out in three rounds by Tony Yoka, the man who edged Joyce in the 2016 Olympic gold medal match.

I didn’t realise this was happening but wtf is the point?

Come on frank, get a decent fight going people want to watch.

Comment

KO'd in 3 of the last 4 = 'Battle-hardened'.... Love it. I'll use that one.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-25-2020, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
        KO'd in 3 of the last 4 = 'Battle-hardened'.... Love it. I'll use that one.
        He's a warrior. Falls down. Gets back up. Maybe not before the count of 10, but still.

Comment

Not overly competitive but should be fun.

Comment

Has this card already started?! ESPN+ says it’s live, but I can’t get it to play

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
              Has this card already started?! ESPN+ says it’s live, but I can’t get it to play
              ... it's on now..................

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... it's on now..................
                Yeah I’m watching, thank you though!

Comment

Just paid the 18 bucks to watch this on my phone on the flight back home

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Just paid the 18 bucks to watch this on my phone on the flight back home
                    But..... why?

Comment

Working...
                    X