Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Reverses Course, Suspends Plans For Lightweight Box-Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBO Reverses Course, Suspends Plans For Lightweight Box-Off

Emmanuel Tagoe's dream of fighting for the World Boxing Organization lightweight title is forced to be placed on hold. The San Juan, Puerto Rico-headquartered sanctioning body made waves in a number of ways on Monday, beginning with its first ratings update since the start of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Interesting, there didn't exist any movement in the lightweight division, where the two highest rated contenders-Lee Selby and Ryan Garcia-are actively pursuing title opportunities with other sanctioning bodies in lieu of entering a WBO-sanctioned final eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why couldn't Tagoe and Berinchyk just fight for the mandatory spot? Neither is based in the US so the bout wouldn't have to be in the US.

Is the WBO waiting for a Top Rank fighter to appear that they can mysteriously rank above Tagoe and Berinchyk?

Comment

Its up to bob arum.. WBO = We're Bob's Organization

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Why couldn't Tagoe and Berinchyk just fight for the mandatory spot? Neither is based in the US so the bout wouldn't have to be in the US.

Is the WBO waiting for a Top Rank fighter to appear that they can mysteriously rank above Tagoe and Berinchyk?
        Short answer: Yes
        Long answer: Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Short answer: Yes
          Long answer: Yes
          Yeah, I'm surprised Verdejo is ranked at number 13 as per the latest WBO 135lbs rankings released today. Watch Verdejo surge to the top out of nowhere next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I think they were hoping for viewers that Ryan Garcia brings and could say he is gonna go for the WBO title. When Ryan opted out that meant changing their plans so they bailed too. I still dont get the hype behind Garcia. He's passed the eye test but the eye test means very little to me. A gritty fighter that can withstand his punches the first half of the fight may very well beat the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
              Its up to bob arum.. WBO = We're Bob's Organization
              WBOgus......

Comment

Make a decision already.

WBO is making again his corrupt chess match moves. I don't like how the WBO become more corrupt every year, I feel embarrassment as a countryman of my country.

Comment

Working...
                X