No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Willie Monroe is Latest To Chase After Canelo Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Willie Monroe is Latest To Chase After Canelo Showdown

Former two-time world title challenger Willie Monroe Jr. is the latest fighter to throw his hat in the ring for a potential showdown with four-division champion Canelo Alvarez, who is searching for an opponent for a planned return in September of October.

[Click Here To Read More]

the mongoose has won three straight!

Comment

I somehow see him being the guy that gets picked LMAO

Comment

For boxing's sake I hope Willie doesn't get picked.

I mean I respect all fighters for lacing up the gloves and I will never call a fighter a bum, but Alvarez has to fight a legit guy and with all due respect Monroe hasn't helped himself a lot.

Comment

Needs a drugs test after that interview, old Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
            For boxing's sake I hope Willie doesn't get picked.

I mean I respect all fighters for lacing up the gloves and I will never call a fighter a bum, but Alvarez has to fight a legit guy and with all due respect Monroe hasn't helped himself a lot.
            Why would he get picked? His name isn't even on the list of possible opponents. Just because a dude starts talking non-sense, doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Slick Willie ain't in the running as best I know, can't see why random dudes saying 'I want Canelo' is really newsworthy.

Sad irony is that I'd pick the mongoose to beat both Quigley and Johnson who, according to reports, have been approached..

Comment

easy tuneup that can end up in a brutal KO.

Comment

"This is a fight that is four years in the making," said Monroe. In whose mind??? Lmaooooo

Comment

He tested positive for something right?

Comment

Working...
                    X