Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nakathila, Top Rated 130-pound Contender, Wants Justice From WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nakathila, Top Rated 130-pound Contender, Wants Justice From WBO

WBO No. 2 ranked super featherweight Jeremiah Nakathila has been hoping for a mandatory shot at the world title for a long time, yet the depth of his patience might get tested again. The hard-hitting Namibian contender and his team were shocked to read a piece on BoxingScene.com this past Sunday about the statement of the World Boxing Organization regarding the next mandatory challenger of super featherweight world champion Jamel Herring in Shakur Stevenson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not good news.

I feel sad for Nakathila and I feel ashamed for our Organization WBO. I am sorry Nakathila, for having this bad experience with WBO.
    Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 07-17-2020, 08:17 AM. Reason: Corrections.

Comment

Have Shakur fight Nakathila while Herring deals with the Oquendo and Frampton fights

Comment

WBO should just order an elimination bout between Valdez & Nakathila, if Valdez is going the WBC route then Shakur Stevenson
        & Nakathila should be ordered. While Herring is having his rescheduled bout with Oquendo, Top Rank can make an offer for Shakur to face Nakathila as soon as travel restrictions make it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          Have Shakur fight Nakathila while Herring deals with the Oquendo and Frampton fights
          This is the only fair way to go with it. As a champion moving up Shakur has a right to fight for the belt but so does Nakathila. Herring is already obligated to fight Oquendo so it only makes since to fight each other while waiting

Comment

The preferential treatment that sanctioning bodies show to certain promoters should be stopped.

Bring fairness back to the sport. If a fighter has earned a top spot then he deserves to challenge for a title, even if he is from a poor country and doesn't have some big tv rights deal.

Comment

Working...
            X