Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Holmes: Current Heavyweights "Couldn't Stand A Chance" In My Era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Holmes: Current Heavyweights "Couldn't Stand A Chance" In My Era

Heavyweight boxing has returned to its status as the sport's glamour division for the first time in over two decades, but if you ask Hall of Fame fighter Larry Holmes, it still doesn't pass the smell test.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shut up you deluded punchy old idiot

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
      Haha, did that seriously upset you?

I hope the come back made you feel better lol.

I’m sure it’ll be passed right on to Larry Holmes and he’ll be so upset to hear about it

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
        Holmes was a composed, calm fighter. Just throwing jabs like a boss. His followup right hand was faster than Wilder’s. Homeboy floored Ocasio with a jab... Fury diehards will say, “but but Tyson will just hold and tire his opponents.” Lol. It’s the same Clinchko narrative

Comment

All these American midgets get tooled up by either the klitschkos or Fury

This is the modern heavyweight division not the era of PED fuelled Americans vs part time coal miners from the rest of the world.

Holmes gets beaten to a pulp

Comment

Holmes once claimed Parker had a better jab then him and would dominate this era . That went south and so did Larry once again so here we are again ,it’s led us here . He did say A.J would defeat Mike Tyson easily but Mike would defeat anyone he fought so he’s very confused. So that would put A.J over everyone he named which makes his claim here another head scratcher discrediting today’s fighters because it implies Mike Tyson wasn’t that good . Ha
            Last edited by REDEEMER; 07-16-2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Holmes is more deluded than he is overrated. Tyson Fury would toy with him.

Comment

I rate Holmes, but his era wasn't strong and the guys he's mentioning like Ali and Frazier were really the era before

Comment

I must agree with him here. These days top hw are too soft, despite having the best training facilities, money and Medical support, they can't handel more 2 fights per year. And they are too scare to fight eachother rather prefer fighting jouneymen.

Comment

The guy boxed for so ****ing long he technically went through the two best eras in HW history, and the era in between was where his prime years occurred. A weaker era than the ones its sandwiched between but still better from a pure skill perspective than today.

I think Fury is going to be a problem in any era because his attributes are so uncommon. There have been guys his size, and there have been guys that are his size and are also similarly athletic for that size, but i'm not sure theres ever been anyone that has the size, the athleticism AND the natural boxing ability.

As for the others of the current crop, they're generally not that impressive from a technical perspective, but guys like Wilder and AJ would still pick up wins in other eras because of their size and power. Although they wouldnt be considered 2 of the top 3 HWs in the world for years on end obviously.

Comment

Working...
                    X