No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrell Miller and Boxing's PED Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jarrell Miller and Boxing's PED Problem

By Thomas Hauser - On June 27, 2020, it was revealed that, once again, Jarrell Miller had tested positive for a banned performance enhancing drug. The test was administered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) at the request of the Nevada State Athletic Commission soon after Miller signed to fight Jerry Forrest on a Top Rank card...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I genuinely feel sorry for Americans that are normally fans of the HW division. Gotta suck having to rewind old VHS tapes whilst crying and jerking it, re-living the glory days lol.

Comment

WTF NYSAC? EPO is probably the most useful PED a pro boxer can find..

Comment

Excellent Article.

They have to use Jarell Miller as a Martyr, to get the message across and at the same time, create a better system and increasing the ban punishment.

Comment

I had no idea of the scope of apathy, corruption, complicity, and complexity - especially the disparity between the state commissions in their policing of PED's.

This problem, like many others in our sport, is due to a lack of a unified national, if not an international body with a president and with the same codes, rules and regulations - not this hodgepodge of self-interested bodies mostly looking to raise their profiles and line their pockets.

Many say this will never happen in boxing. What is sad, is the NYSAC is one of the oldest boxing commissions amongst the long list of mostly insignificant bodies.

When it comes to Miller, I believe some still hold out hope that he can be rehabilitated because of the excitement and draw he still holds in what is still a shallow division.
          Yet if he is not banned for at least two years at a minimum the consequences are enormous, potentially.
          Leniency obviously does not serve as a sufficient deterrent to fighters who see it as a risk worth taking.

It is quite shocking to see the list of current and former P4P, multiple weight champions, undisputed, unified, and belt holders who are household names who have been caught.

It wasn't that long ago and now almost forgotten that Canelo tested positive and served a 6-month suspension - which is ridiculous in a sport when fighters of his class regularly only fight twice a year, so it is hardly a punishment, and obviously upset Golovkins plans more.

I do think a distinction needs to be made between recreational drugs that have zero PE ability, and actual PED's.

PED's need a zero-tolerance approach with a first time ban of two years, then a lifetime ban after that.

I cannot think of any other professional sport that is so lackadaisical in its approach when potentially a death could occur as a result of a PED loaded fighter pummeling his opponent in the frequent mismatches we regularly get spoon-fed.

Comment

No one seems to agree with me on this one thing but it is part of how I feel about this PED situation. What about Bob Arum? He was the promoter he got this guy a shot at the fight. He set it up, he was the man who could have said "NO DICE" man is a known drug user been caught two times for sure ruined a fight card of much higher magnitude. Not gonna do it. But he did no such thing. There are police, and policy of many unknown types in boxing and all forms of control in boxing. Some are not written in the NYSAC but they exists. Promoters are one of them. They want all the light shown on them when a fight is set up and they want to be interviewed and tell us what a great guy this person is how his story would make you want to buy three tickets just to be sure you see it from every angle. This guy he walks away like he was not even involved in the whole thing. Hey guys look over there>>>> Dont ask me nothing I had nothing to do with it. I am just a promoter what do I know.? Guys like him make things happen and make people look away. Nothing personal I do not know the man but I still feel a certain way about his part in this. Just my thoughts.

Comment

There is zero reason to believe Miller was any good without dope. So - good riddance.

Comment

The only sincere offers Bob Bennett gives is for the 90% that don’t matter to him. Where were previous punishments for IVs and clenbuterol? One went unspoken and the other was a non-factor because you suspend a guy 6 months when he wasn’t gonna fight for 8 months. GTFOHWTBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                  No one seems to agree with me on this one thing but it is part of how I feel about this PED situation. What about Bob Arum? He was the promoter he got this guy a shot at the fight. He set it up, he was the man who could have said "NO DICE" man is a known drug user been caught two times for sure ruined a fight card of much higher magnitude. Not gonna do it. But he did no such thing. There are police, and policy of many unknown types in boxing and all forms of control in boxing. Some are not written in the NYSAC but they exists. Promoters are one of them. They want all the light shown on them when a fight is set up and they want to be interviewed and tell us what a great guy this person is how his story would make you want to buy three tickets just to be sure you see it from every angle. This guy he walks away like he was not even involved in the whole thing. Hey guys look over there>>>> Dont ask me nothing I had nothing to do with it. I am just a promoter what do I know.? Guys like him make things happen and make people look away. Nothing personal I do not know the man but I still feel a certain way about his part in this. Just my thoughts.
                  Thomas Hauser somehow saw fit to criticize everybody involved with this except for Bob Arum.

He even found time to take a shot at Travis Tygart and USADA who had nothing at all to do with Big Baby Miller.

But Uncle Bob? Not a negative word against him as usual. This is one of the things that is infuriating about the boxing media. They tiptoe around certain power brokers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Thomas Hauser somehow saw fit to criticize everybody involved with this except for Bob Arum.

He even found time to take a shot at Travis Tygart and USADA who had nothing at all to do with Big Baby Miller.

But Uncle Bob? Not a negative word against him as usual. This is one of the things that is infuriating about the boxing media. They tiptoe around certain power brokers.
                    This is why I hate Hauser, the man is a pure horse***** hypocrite. He would never call out someone like Arum and we all know why. He targets a certain type of people in boxing. Arum has cancel his contract with Miller anyways but the way Hauser never seems to write anything in regards to arum is shocking.

Comment

Working...
                    X