Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magomed Abdusalamov - Book Being Written, Motion Picture Offers Being Made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magomed Abdusalamov - Book Being Written, Motion Picture Offers Being Made

Retired Russian boxer Magomed Abdusalamov is potentially going to be the subject of a film being produced in the United States, according to a very close friend of the family, Surkhay Sungurov. At the moment, there is a book being put together about the life of Abdusalamov.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like this decision.

This story needs to be told.

Comment

I remember watching that fight and the punishment he took. I also remember how incompetent the post fight medical services appeared. I read someplace he had to take a cab to get to the hospital.

Incredibly sad but Magomed is a warrior to fight and survive after everything he's been thru. I know it affected Perez quite a bit and I'm not sure if he ever was the same in the ring after that.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        I remember watching that fight and the punishment he took. I also remember how incompetent the post fight medical services appeared. I read someplace he had to take a cab to get to the hospital.

Incredibly sad but Magomed is a warrior to fight and survive after everything he's been thru. I know it affected Perez quite a bit and I'm not sure if he ever was the same in the ring after that.
        none of them where the same. The corner is a fault here too.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
          yes, and the referee at this level should have known better as well .

Comment

In Britain we often complain about fights getting stopped to soon but the referee is there to do a job. Yeah we want to see big ko's but it's the fighters life that's at stake. 99% of the time the ref gets it right, not here though. There was absolutely no need for this fight to have went the distance. The corner think 100% ko record he'll catch him eventually but realistically the towel should have been thrown in well before the end. Let your fighter live to see another day. Absolute disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
              Agreed. There was a massive amount of swelling on Mago's head and face and while he was incredibly tough and never stopped trying; There was a point where it was pretty evident he wasn't going to be able to turn the fight around and it became target practice.

Comment

Hopefully all the money goes to his family.

Comment

Yes, the ref too. But the Russian was throwing punches. The trainer had a minute between rounds to assess the damage. We all saw what was going on, why not them?

Comment

Working...
                  X