Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Alberto Lopez Rocks, Shocks Andy Vences With Split Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Alberto Lopez Rocks, Shocks Andy Vences With Split Decision

Andy Vences valiantly withstood serious trouble in the sixth round Tuesday night and later battled through a bad cut over his left eye. It still wasn't enough to beat Luis Alberto Lopez. Lopez upset Vences by split decision in their 10-round, 130-pound fight at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas. Judge Max De Luca scored the fight for Vences, 96-94, but judges Tim Cheatham (96-94) and Eric Cheek (96-94) scored their highly competitive clash for Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had it a close fight, didn't score the rounds individually but felt Vences edged it. Interesting to see that the fighter considered the "A" in this matchup didn't get the benefit of the doubt from the judges with there being so many close rounds.

Lopez wasnt the most skilled fighter but he was throwing and landing clean with some heavy shots. I like El Tiburon but he seemed almost shopworn in the ring, he got hit with shots he shouldn't have and reacted poorly when they landed.

It was an entertaining scrap, Vences was very humble and gracious in the post-fight interview. Best of luck to him in the future.

Comment

A good fun upset.

Great competitive fight that I agree that merit a rematch and saw a either type split decision to either fighter. Don't complains here.

Comment

Working...
      X