Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andy Vences, Luis Alberto Lopez - Ready For Vegas Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Andy Vences, Luis Alberto Lopez - Ready For Vegas Clash

Vences, Lopez Weights Photos Gallery - A southpaw stylist weighing 140 pounds and a 250-plus-pound heavyweight will enter "The Bubble" spotlight at MGM Grand for Week 5 of Top Rank on ESPN's Summer Series. (photos by Mikey Williams)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vences sucks. After Bernaldez he seriously needs another soft opponent? I just don’t see what plans Top Rank has for him. Vences is 29 with 24 pro fights and still no shot at a title. He can stop or get a KO on Lopez and call himself a threat but the reality is he will be nothing more than a journeyman

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
      Vences sucks. After Bernaldez he seriously needs another soft opponent? I just don’t see what plans Top Rank has for him. Vences is 29 with 24 pro fights and still no shot at a title. He can stop or get a KO on Lopez and call himself a threat but the reality is he will be nothing more than a journeyman
      I don't like the arrogant look he always has on his face but in his defense, he has fought
      Unbeaten Erik De Leon and unbeaten Albert Bell and De Alba is not a bad opponent. As to getting a title shot, he needs to get behind Bell who beat him and maybe Erik De Leon who I think beat him as well. But he does take on guys with decent records. Much better records than champions Miguel Berchelt and Emanuel Navarette last fought by a huge stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        I don't like the arrogant look he always has on his face but in his defense, he has fought
        Unbeaten Erik De Leon and unbeaten Albert Bell and De Alba is not a bad opponent. As to getting a title shot, he needs to get behind Bell who beat him and maybe Erik De Leon who I think beat him as well. But he does take on guys with decent records. Much better records than champions Miguel Berchelt and Emanuel Navarette last fought by a huge stretch.
        I get that he’s taken on opponents with decent records but as I mentioned Bernaldez was his previous opponent and now we got Lopez. Why does Vences need another boost confidence fight? I remember his boring fight and C- performance with De Alba where he got booed by the crowd and after that fight it was enough to convince most that Vences is nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
          I get that he’s taken on opponents with decent records but as I mentioned Bernaldez was his previous opponent and now we got Lopez. Why does Vences need another boost confidence fight? I remember his boring fight and C- performance with De Alba where he got booed by the crowd and after that fight it was enough to convince most that Vences is nothing special
          Thats just it - Vences is really a non-descript lower level contender And not the least bit TV friendly and hardly even worth having discussions over. This thread has probably mentioned him more than any other thread on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Thats just it - Vences is really a non-descript lower level contender And not the least bit TV friendly and hardly even worth having discussions over. This thread has probably mentioned him more than any other thread on this site.
            Haha. It’s funny you say that since Vences is the current headliner on this site but yeah not a fan friendly fighter. Hopefully Lopez smacks that mustache off his face

Comment

Working...
            X