Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emmanuel Tagoe Angles For WBO Eliminator With Ryan Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Emmanuel Tagoe Angles For WBO Eliminator With Ryan Garcia

As the lightweight division continues to take shape even in the current pandemic climate, there remains work to be done. Several moves have been made within the WBC 135-pound rankings, with a Diamond title fight set, an interim title fight was ordered and a voluntary defense was granted to its unbeaten world champion Devin Haney. Meanwhile, the IBF is prepared to line up a mandatory challenger in waiting for the winner of a forthcoming three-belt unification bout between WBA/WBO lightweight titlist Vasiliy Lomachenko (14-1, 10KOs) and IBF title claimant Teofimo Lopez (15-0, 12KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tagoe is alright but Garcia can fight Campbell so why would he bother?

Comment

Justice for Tagoe. I don't care if I never heard of him before, looks like he can't tweet, but what I read of him, I like. Ryan, splashing around, is attracting the sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Tagoe is alright but Garcia can fight Campbell so why would he bother?
        Fighting Campbell and winning gets him a shot at Haney. Fighting Tagoe and winning gets him a shot at Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Fighting Campbell and winning gets him a shot at Haney. Fighting Tagoe and winning gets him a shot at Lomachenko.
          The problem is if he Tagoe and gets a shot at Lomo its conceivable that Lomo will vacate and move back to 130. Then he basically fights for a vacant title and his path to victory is filled with a whole mess of washouts and no hopes. I say fight Campbell and IF he wins go for Haney. Another IF he wins then he is starting to build a legacy and become somebody in the sport other than a Instagram star.

Comment

Garcia is SAVED! He has a perfect excuse to not fight Campbel and then Linares-Fortuna winner because of a guy who I hear for the firs tuking time! Tagoe?

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
              The problem is if he Tagoe and gets a shot at Lomo its conceivable that Lomo will vacate and move back to 130. Then he basically fights for a vacant title and his path to victory is filled with a whole mess of washouts and no hopes. I say fight Campbell and IF he wins go for Haney. Another IF he wins then he is starting to build a legacy and become somebody in the sport other than a Instagram star.
              Lomachenko would be a punk if he vacates rather than fight Garcia.

But in any case Haney might be moving up to 140 lbs soon so KingRy might be screwed no matter which way he goes.

Comment

My only concern is Tagoes Ghana built record. One fight in the US speaks well, but nobody is going to Ghana. Little Red beat Kotey in Ghana, but he had big balls.

Comment

I think Garcia needs a bit more experience before fighting top contenders, so taking the Tagoe fight would make a lot of sense

Comment

Emmanuel Tagoe, Denys Berinchyk,
                    Roman Andreev and Liam Walsh about to have a 4 man tournament

Comment

Working...
                    X