Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Reenters Boxing Ring, Developing Six-Part Series 'Unruly' On Jack Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Reenters Boxing Ring, Developing Six-Part Series 'Unruly' On Jack Johnson

HBO threw in the towel and ended its 45-year run with live boxing in 2018, but they are reentering the boxing ring again to create premium programming. The network is developing Unruly, a six-part series on the world's first Black heavyweight boxing champion in Jack Johnson. Two-time Academy Award winner and True Detective star Mahershala Ali will star in the series and play the role of Johnson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good to hear
    Always a good product from HBO
    Hopefully this is the beginning of something bigger to come

Comment

Looking forward to that, Jack Johnson gave historically few fücks about what society thought of him. He lived his life the way he wanted and he was a pioneer inside and outside if the ring.

Comment

Boxing no longer needs HBO, but HBO clearly needs boxing. Did they fire empty suit Peter Nelson yet? Barstool has exposed this guy as a moron.

Comment

Ali is a good actor and will put alot into a role that he's wanted to do for a long time.

In addition to Johnson, there are so many other fighters I'd also like to see get attention on either series or movies. Reminds me I need to watch the Chuck Wepner movie with Liev Shreiber...heard it's pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            Ali is a good actor and will put alot into a role that he's wanted to do for a long time.

In addition to Johnson, there are so many other fighters I'd also like to see get attention on either series or movies. Reminds me I need to watch the Chuck Wepner movie with Liev Shreiber...heard it's pretty decent.
            The Chuck Wepner movie is a pretty good watch. It covers a good portion of his rise and fall to stardom so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mb11 View Post
              Boxing no longer needs HBO, but HBO clearly needs boxing. Did they fire empty suit Peter Nelson yet? Barstool has exposed this guy as a moron.
              HBO needs boxing? Explain please

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                Looking forward to that, Jack Johnson gave historically few fücks about what society thought of him. He lived his life the way he wanted and he was a pioneer inside and outside if the ring.
                Society, friends, close business associates, Jack gave no ****s about anyone but Jack.

Bit of a selfish man, but also super cool rebel.

JJ happens to be one of my favorite guys in history period. I'm pretty sure he's the only champion-inventor in the full 3k years some form or another boxing has existed.

Comment

That sounds like it's got potential even for non boxing fans. Johnson was a larger than life character in both life and boxing... And did anyone know that aside from being a badass in the ring and giving zero fuxs out of it the man's also a patented inventor (thx to my man Marchegiano for the heads up on that one)?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    Society, friends, close business associates, Jack gave no ****s about anyone but Jack.

Bit of a selfish man, but also super cool rebel.

JJ happens to be one of my favorite guys in history period. I'm pretty sure he's the only champion-inventor in the full 3k years some form or another boxing has existed.
                    You just got in first about him being an inventor though I did credit you. Adjustable wrench wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                    X