Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saucedo-Fredrickson ESPN Show Averaged 298K, Peaked At 378K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saucedo-Fredrickson ESPN Show Averaged 298K, Peaked At 378K Viewers

Viewership of ESPN's boxing broadcast Tuesday night was the lowest of the seven weeknight shows since the network began airing the sport again June 9. Nielsen Media Research numbers released Wednesday indicated an average of 298,000 viewers watched the three-hour, 15-minute telecast. A peak audience of 378,000 tuned in during the main event, Alex Saucedo's victory over Sonny Fredrickson at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s good to know around 250,000 people will watch any kind of boxing, no matter what.

Comment

Bring back Teddy Atlas

Comment

Why waste money on these cards, should've saved up the money for one really good card

Comment

Originally posted by Coachcody View Post
          Bring back Teddy Atlas
          Two thumbs up!

Comment

Majority of these cards have been pretty entertaining and competitive. The reality is that ESPN appears to want live sports content but that isn't necessarily translating to viewership according to Nielsen. No real hook for casuals.

I don't believe there are big purses involved but there have been fighters willing to step in the ring for what limited TV exposure is offered and the chance to move up in rankings. Theyre important fights for the fighters and I will gladly watch every card.

Comment

I am not surprised.

This was expected in viewers in this fight. The majority of the fights was fun with competitiveness and good TKO/KO, the real problems is they are completely 100% unknown to the casual fans that prefer watching program TV, Netflix and the list go on.

Comment

Pathetic ratings from Top Rank.

Why don't they do a better job of promoting? That's what they get paid to do...and right now they are obviously overpaid.

Comment

Working...
                X