Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: I Would Have Beaten Andre Ward in Close, Tactical Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: I Would Have Beaten Andre Ward in Close, Tactical Fight

Former unified WBO, WBA, WBC super middleweight world champion Joe Calzaghe feels confident that he would have beaten Andre Ward - had the two fighters met years ago. Calzaghe retired back in 2008, after winning a lopsided twelve round decision over Roy Jones Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man absolutely none of these past retired fighters are going to say "yer i think he would have beat me".
    Lol, its what makes them fighters.
    Saying that i would have loved to see Ward get beat by Calzaghe.

Comment

I could see that. Calzaghe threw a lot of punches.

Comment

Why he fight cans for a decade? How come there was 2 supermiddle champs with 20 defenses at same time lol

It was a nice division to hide out in

Comment

ive always sorta liked joe...thought he was very, very, good...probably underrated to some degree......but dude you barely beat an old hopkins...and your win over roy was like "yeah man nobody cares".....you might have beaten ward....but like i dunno....

Comment

I'd favor Ward but wouldn't be a bit surprised to be wrong.

Comment

Ward would’ve won joe didn’t have enough pop on his punches Andre would’ve beat him up on the inside all night I think joe was a tad underated but if he had fought jones and hopkins 5-10 years earlier they would’ve smoked him

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                I could see that. Calzaghe threw a lot of punches.
                He may get with work rate but Andre was by far the tighter tactical fighter.

Comment

If they fought 10 times, 5 in Oxnard, 5 in Wales, Ward by close decision in all the Oxnard fights, Calzhage by close decision on all the Welsh ones.

Comment

I would imagine ward would have turned it into a rough fight. Calzaghe would definitely suffer a cut to a headbutt in this.

Comment

Working...
                    X