Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judging The Judges: Santillan-DeMarco Scorecard Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Judging The Judges: Santillan-DeMarco Scorecard Analysis

Those who fail to acknowledge the subjectivity of round-by-round scoring will claim that Antonio DeMarco was robbed by three masked men Tuesday evening in Las Vegas. Cooler heads will acknowledge that the former lightweight titlist deserved the nod in his tightly contested welterweight affair with Giovani Santillan. Instead, DeMarco was forced to settle for a majority decision loss in a fight where the three ringside judges-Steve Weisfeld, Tim Cheatham and Dave Moretti-agreed on just three of the ten rounds in Tuesday's ESPN-televised co-feature at the MGM Grand Conference Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Blatant robbery DeMarco fought a great fight IMO

Comment

Demarco deserved the win. The only logic I could find to why the majority decision ruling is because they wanted to preserve that zero for Santillan’s récord should Top Rank decide to match Santillan with Crawford and sell it as a tough fight for Crawford cause Santillan is undefeated

Comment

I am not defending the 3 judges decision's and how they scored the fight. I will say that judging has always been a more or less subjective craft in boxing. I would be interested to see the history of every "top" judge and how they tend to favor in scoring. I only tend to defend a judge's score when I remind myself that all 3 judges are viewing the fight from different angles and we who view the fight through a perfectly placed camera angles never really miss much. One judge may see a punch land cleanly while one may see it miss barley while the 3rd may see the defender avoid it giving him credit for avoiding the punch. 3 entirely different outcomes to the same exact situation.

Comment

I was rooting for DeMarco but the judges got it right. Every time he dug one of those great body shots, Santillan landed 2-3 big headshots, but the sentimental commentators just cheerleaded DeMarco's work.

Santillan pulled it out by working more.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            Blatant robbery DeMarco fought a great fight IMO
            Yeah DeMarco landed the more effective punches I had him winning 97-93.

Comment

Great fight with a sad result.

They are protecting Santillan the Top Rank way. The fight is no a robbery, but sorry, I have De Marco winning a tight 96-94 decision win in his favor, this is not a either type way decision either.

Comment

I think Demarco did enough to win but the 1st 4 rounds were very close and Santillan rallied to win the last 2 so I wouldn't say it's a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Those who fail to acknowledge the subjectivity of round-by-round scoring will claim that Antonio DeMarco was robbed by three masked men Tuesday evening in Las Vegas. Cooler heads will acknowledge that the former lightweight titlist deserved the nod in his tightly contested welterweight affair with Giovani Santillan. Instead, DeMarco was forced to settle for a majority decision loss in a fight where the three ringside judges-Steve Weisfeld, Tim Cheatham and Dave Moretti-agreed on just three of the ten rounds in Tuesday's ESPN-televised co-feature at the MGM Grand Conference Center.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  ADM whooped him !

Comment

Working...
                  X