Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis: I Don't Know If Hooker Is Scared, But I Don't Think He Wants The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis: I Don't Know If Hooker Is Scared, But I Don't Think He Wants The Fight

Regis Prograis doesn't believe this stalemate is about weight. The powerful southpaw suspects Maurice Hooker actually thought twice after agreeing to box Prograis and changed his mind. The former WBO junior welterweight champion would've been paid very well to oppose Prograis in a 12-round, 143-pound bout, but Hooker has informed BoxingScene.com that the lowest weight he would be able to reach for it is 145 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hooker isn’t scared, that’s a joke. He just cannot make 144. He needs to take his as* to 147.

Comment

Time for you to move up Regis. You lost to Taylor and wasnt willing to wait for your shot a Ramirez. Neither are going to give you a fight or a rematch and if push comes to shove from the belt organizations they will just move up to 147 to chase bigger paydays like you should be doing.

Comment

Hooker weighing 168 pounds last week just tells me he hasn't even been bothering to get down to the weight.

Comment

I know Hooker is a grown up but you can't be in that Bud/Bo-Mac camp and be that overweight. Bud basically always looks like he's ready to make 147lbs on a single week's notice!

Comment

Prograis should stick with 143 limit if he's decided he's going to continue fighting at 140 after this.
            Hooker is obviously a full welter now.
            Both guys just need to move on and look for other fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
              I know Hooker is a grown up but you can't be in that Bud/Bo-Mac camp and be that overweight.
              Not unless you're Bomac.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Not unless you're Bomac.
                That's pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Not unless you're Bomac.
                  Haha, well yeah. We'll give BoMac a pass.

Comment

If they are only 1 lb apart (144 vs 145) then maybe they could agree on 144.5 lbs.

If not then I'm thinking that Prograis could also benefit from having less weight to lose so perhaps he might consider budging to save the fight. After all, 145 still isn't the full welterweight limit.

Comment

Working...
                    X