Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hooker: I'd Fight Regis Prograis at 145, I Know I Can Beat Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hooker: I'd Fight Regis Prograis at 145, I Know I Can Beat Him!

Maurice Hooker still wants to fight fellow former junior welterweight world titlist Regis Prograis, but said he simply cannot do it at the 143-pound weight limit they had agreed to before their fight was postponed. Hooker and Prograis were scheduled to meet in a much-anticipated twelve round non-title bout in the main event of a DAZN card on April 17 at the MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland, before the coronavirus pandemic caused the fight to be postponed indefinitely.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maurice Hooker pulls plug on Regis Prograis fight, will campaign at welterweight

According to Hooker’s trainer Brian McIntyre, he just doesn’t want Hooker squeezing back down to 143 pounds.

“So when the fight came up [against] Prograis, I figured we could make it. Then when the pandemic came, we kind of dodged a bullet, right there. So I’m not going to let him go back down, knowing he’s struggling, and the reality is he wasn’t going to make the weight the last time.”

Those words are obviously going to have people wondering what Hooker’s been up to since he last fought, as he had 144-pound tune-up fight last December and said after the fight he planned to go back to 140 to reclaim his world title. But if there’s any doubt, numbers don’t lie. McIntyre admits Hooker is currently walking around at 168 pounds.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/6/1...ht-boxing-news

Comment

Hooker is not serious. Can't rely on him.

Comment

look at the photo - which one has his weight under control between fights? Clue. It's not chubby cheeks.

Comment

My best fighting weight is 195, Id fight Prograis at 195lbs.

Comment

Hooker needs to fight at Welter then he looked fat in the Prograis build up like he was a good 30 lbs over the limit.

Comment

I'm glad Hooker is listening to his body. Stop killing yourself champ. Move up to 147 and target a belt.

Comment

Fight contract says 143?
                Hooker just confirmed he can't make it; effectively pulling out if the fight.

Move on.

Comment

So he wants his opponent to concede to his terms to make the fight easier for him? If you are going to make Prograis move up, the least you could do is at least move down a pound to make some for of struggle. Sandbagging.

Comment

Contracts are contracts.

If he agreed to 143 then he has to honor that or else give up some money.

Comment

Working...
                    X