No announcement yet.

Rahman-Maskaev: The Long Wait For Revenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rahman-Maskaev: The Long Wait For Revenge

The most striking thing about Hasim Rahman, the World Boxing Council heavyweight champion, and Oleg Maskaev is how remarkably similar they are. Both are square jawed boxers, who aren’t afraid to brawl. Both are have scored stunning knockouts and have themselves been KO’ed in spectacular fashion. And both are two of the most inconsistent heavyweights on the scene today.

That is why no one can say with any degree of accuracy just what will occur when Rahman and Maskaev meet in the ring at the Thomas and Mack Center on the campus of UNLV this Saturday night on HBO Pay Per View ($49.95). [details]

Jesus is BoxingScene being paid to promote this fight? Ive never seen so many articles on a fight, let alone a unpopular fight such as this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King
      Jesus is BoxingScene being paid to promote this fight? Ive never seen so many articles on a fight, let alone a unpopular fight such as this.
      There have only been two, and the other called the fight a piece of **** and not worth the money. Although Top Rank did give us full permission to run the promo video.

Comment

Is that Tyson between Rahman and Maskaev?

Comment

Originally posted by Parody
          Yes, apparently.

Comment

I was gonna ask the same thing, & it was ****ed up that someone was shouting that there was 2 champs & 1 bum up there or something(I hope he ment Tyson was the bum, but I doubt it).

Comment

They were calling Maskaev a Bum, called Tyson and Rahman the 2 champs

Comment

They were calling Maskaev a Bum, called Tyson and Rahman the 2 champs
                Yeah I know, but I think it's ****ed up though, Maskaev is fighting the world champ, Tyson isn't fighting anyone of importance, he might have been the champ, but he's more of a bum now then Maskaev IMO, but it was probably Rahman's hype-man who said that **** anyways. Personally I just have this gut feeling that we're in for an upset & a new champ, no reason just a feeling. Rahman is my pick, & my favorite HW titlist, I just can't fight the feeling.

Comment

...and one of the least anticipated and cared about championships in the history of the sport.

hu-ray.

Comment

"America's last line of defence" - this is the world's saddest ever promotion. Plus Maskeav must have taken some heavy punishment in his career as he seems to think he is American too. Disgraceful slight on his homeland. America's last line of defence is the UK. After we have unleashed another phase of the ridiculously successful Operation Human Shield: US Marine Corps.

Comment

Working...
                    X