Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares: Having Fun With Garcia Social Media Thing, I Don't Take It Personal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mares: Having Fun With Garcia Social Media Thing, I Don't Take It Personal

Let's be clear: Abner Mares was never holding his breath over a fight with Ryan Garcia seeing the light of day. Of course, that never stopped the former three-division titlist from going along for the social media ride. "At the end of the day, you have to know how to market yourself," Mares noted to BoxingScene.com. "Ryan Garcia, he's done it to a level where he's got millions of followers. He's bringing a different type of crowd to boxing, not just the fanatics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Instagram champ Rihanna Garcia, adds another win to her resume. Who is the next has-been to fall to the Legend-Killer? Carl Frampton, Jessie Magdaleno where you at?! Nonito Donaire, you ran to bantamweight when you heard Ryan Garcia is looking to whoop all the washed-up featherweights, smart move!

Comment

Mares dont want no smoke lol

Mares is being realistic, but we need exiting match ups, no more meaningless, and this fight gets attention

Comment

Frampton vs Mares would be a good matchup IMO.

Comment

Is Mares still capable of competing at a high level? He has been sidelined for 2 years I honestly think he will be hurt easier and ring rust will ruin him unless he gets a few less than hard fights under his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            Is Mares still capable of competing at a high level? He has been sidelined for 2 years I honestly think he will be hurt easier and ring rust will ruin him unless he gets a few less than hard fights under his belt.
            Nope, he's damaged goods and almost lost an eye.
            He's just trying to hype himself up for one high paying fight so he can retire with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
              Nope, he's damaged goods and almost lost an eye.
              He's just trying to hype himself up for one high paying fight so he can retire with it.
              He has almost turned into a midget sized Keith Thurman

Comment

Last I heard they were considering Ryan with Hector Tanajara and before that Mercito Gesta but Gesta’s team declined so it’s unlikely Ryan gets a fight in July and let’s be honest a fight with Mares is a far fetch given his inactivity and his bad history with Golden Boy

Comment

That eye is gonna fall out

Comment

vey intrigued @ the possibility of Abner Mares vs Flash Garcia happening

Comment

Working...
                    X