Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Wilder Should Let Fury, Joshua Fight First, Take Something Out Of Each Other

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Wilder Should Let Fury, Joshua Fight First, Take Something Out Of Each Other

An eight-figure fee for stepping aside is an obvious bonus if Deontay Wilder were to allow Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury to fight next. As long as Wilder were guaranteed the winner in the following fight, Paulie Malignaggi thinks there's another reason Wilder would be wise embrace that option.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn already said he don’t want to lock AJ into fighting wilder if he beats Fury. Either way Malingaggi needs to stick to talking about boxing than racism. For a guy that said racism doesn’t exist, based on all of the protest around the world that statement would be incorrect
    Last edited by Cool Scant; 06-07-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Paulie and brain farts are never a good combination...

Comment

Because Wilder has no shot going straight into the rematch. He needs money for more pot and bail when he inevitably goes back to choking and beating women once the little spotlight he has is gone.

Comment

There's no reason for AJ to entertain such things.. just let the future pan out itself.

He's pretty much guaranteed at least 2 fights with Fury no matter what..

If Wilder wants to entertain AJ then he has to beat Fury, if he doesn't, he's finished as a big pawn in the division...

Wilder needs to win to stay significant. he will have had 3 bites of the cherry. if he doesn't then it's all eyes on Fury and AJ for the foreseeable.....

Comment

Nice idea but that would never work because the loser of Fury/Joshua would certainly have a rematch clause in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
              Nice idea but that would never work because the loser of Fury/Joshua would certainly have a rematch clause in the contract.
              well wilder has the rematch clause vs Fury, so if he accepts step aside money as has been discussed, I'm sure he could incorporate into that agreement that he gets first shot at the winner.

Comment

The 34-year-old Wilder needs to step aside? Why? So he can grow younger? Either Wilder is ready for Fury this time around, or he'll never be. Following the Wilder's rematch beating, I wanted him to retire; however, he did not, and either COVID-19 social distancing delays will have bought him enough time to prepare for Fury or he'll never be ready. As for AJ? That sissy is not even worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  well wilder has the rematch clause vs Fury, so if he accepts step aside money as has been discussed, I'm sure he could incorporate into that agreement that he gets first shot at the winner.
                  Problem with that is there'll be at least 2 fights with Fury and AJ (all promoters will make sure of that) leaving Wilder knocking 36 year old. He will have to fight in between then and God knows what happens, unless he chooses bums to boost his ego.. either way I just can't see it happening.

As I say, I think its last chance saloon for Wilder in this Fury fight. He's not going to pass what could possibly be his best and last chance to claim the titles back...

Comment

I hope not.

I’d rather Fury just get rid of Wilder again and put him out of the picture, and have it as two left standing, the best v the best for all the belts, and let’s a number one without the politics of another fighter attached to the contract, Which would be the case if he took a step aside and wanted a guaranteed fight with the winner.
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-07-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X