Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: It's OK If Mares Prices Himself Out; Don't Want To Hurt 'Little Man'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: It's OK If Mares Prices Himself Out; Don't Want To Hurt 'Little Man'

Ryan Garcia wants his critics to realize that he didn't call out Abner Mares. It was Mares who expressed interest in facing Garcia, who is looking for an opponent for a fight this summer in Southern California. Mares is a popular former three-division champion who often engages in entertaining fights and would be the most notable name on Garcia's record.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mares is small for 130, never mind 135, so only way this fight happens is if he gets a massive retirement type payday. No real kudos for garcia in that fight imo.

Comment

Garcia is a joke

Show that champion his respect!
      Fight Haney and get your ass beat.
      Fight Davis and get your ass torn up.
      Fight Santa Cruz
      Fight Gary Russell Jr
      It is a lot of fighter out there.
      But boxing is like this. They want raising chump. To pick easy or inactive fighters to build their resume up.
      They not bad
      They not great
      They not special
      They all are protected and weak
      Fight Stevenson and **** up!
      You can move up or down a division harder work.
      Fight someone your age, and get **** up!

Comment

Ryan is obviously looking for a vulnerable name, preferably old or weaker.

Comment

Don’t you just love it when a guy asks a question and then goes even further by answering it himself
          I think Mares is small , as Ryan stated , so why not chase another fighter ?
          I wouldn’t give him props for beating a smaller man , older man lol
          King Ry better start putting up or stfu

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Mares is small for 130, never mind 135, so only way this fight happens is if he gets a massive retirement type payday. No real kudos for garcia in that fight imo.
            Oscar did this with Chavez and Sweet Pea. Arum started it but GoldenBoy perfected it. The PBC will attempt to emulate Goldenboy but they'll often settle for a very low ranked, lower paying mismatch.

Comment

The prospect of Ryan Garcia vs. Abner Mares, reminded me of when the 5′ 6½″ tall journeyman Jhonny Gonzalez KO little Mares, eight years ago when Mares was in his prime. Ryan Garcia is four inches taller than Jhonny Gonzalez and has a pretty good hook. As such, Ryan's handlers know that his physical advantageous makes it difficult for the aging featherweight.

Abner Mares no doubt seen he was a cherry-pick for Ryan Garcia and wisely declined Golden-Boy's offer.

Now as I reviewed Marez vs. Gonzalez in my vault, I noticed something that I felt compelled to share with the boxingscene : Jack Reiss was the official of said contest. What caught my eye was truly disgusting in light of how Reiss handled Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber Wilder vs. Tyson Fury I.

I think this piece of evidence illustrates Jack Reiss bias for Tyson Fury. In this clip, Jack Reiss gives Mares his reason for stopping the fight against Jhonny Gonzalez : Reiss looks at Mares and tells him that his eyes did not look right, but Tyson Fury's eyeball were rolling around the back of his head and looked dead. Yet, Reiss stopped Abner Mares who was trying to get back up and took a far less punishing blow.

This was not the 12th by the way, Reiss stopped the fight in the first round. Tyson also was dropped twice, in two separate rounds...I dont know about you, but my day is ruined. Thanks a lot Ryan, for screwing up my weekend.

Comment

Seriously, there are grown ass men who are fans of this dude?

Comment

This guy won't take on a real challenge at all.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    This guy won't take on a real challenge at all.
                    Agree,

He's going to make a mint with his following for minimal risks...

Comment

Working...
                    X