Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quatavious Cash Very Motivated For Top Rank Debut in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quatavious Cash Very Motivated For Top Rank Debut in Las Vegas

Quatavious Cash is extra motivated for his Top Rank debut on June 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, as the fight will take place on the date of his late mother's birthday. Cash has had an incredible story in boxing, with his inception into the professional ranks not coming without its ups and downs. The native of Georgia, USA, went ten fights undefeated, but midway through those ten fights, in 2014, Cash was shot after an altercation in his native Atlanta. The Super Welterweight opened up about the events that led to his shooting and how he came back from it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think he was shot for being named “Quatavious”

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerCrab View Post
      Nah man, they shot him for the Cash.

Comment

Quatavious Cash, what a name! I wonder if he grew up with Kentavious Caldwell Pope.

Coincidentally, both are from Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
          Nah man, they shot him for the Cash.
          Well said.

Comment

Who the hell came up with that name?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerCrab View Post
              Possibly. I might just shoot my own self if mama named me "Quatavious."

I mean, geez, what kind of a life, career prospects have you condemned your kid to by naming him "Quatavious?"

Comment

Originally posted by BobLoblaw View Post
                Quatavious Cash, what a name! I wonder if he grew up with Kentavious Caldwell Pope.

Coincidentally, both are from Georgia.
                Whats more bizarre is his coach's name: Chirs Benchavtchavadze.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

Mmm. Georgian Jewish? ... the Ben- prefix is usually of Jewish origin typically meaning 'son of' and the -adze suffix is quintessential Georgian, also meaning 'son of' or 'of the line of' I think.

EDIT: Ah, there we go, so could possibly be a Jewish scion of the princely Chavchavadze lineage..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavchavadze

I'd guess the extra 'T' crept in during transliteration at some point, maybe when the dude's descendents moved to the US.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-07-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Wow!

It just get's better and better. I'm going to put him on my best named boxer/trainer list. He's currently riding Cornflake LaManna for no.4.

Comment

Working...
                    X