Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Caraballo, Magdaleno-Vicente - Full Cards Announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Caraballo, Magdaleno-Vicente - Full Cards Announced

Robeisy Ramirez's stunning defeat in his pro debut quickly knocked him off track for an eventual pro showdown with Shakur Stevenson. Bob Arum's Top Rank Inc. signed Ramirez to a promotional contract in part to match him against Stevenson at some point because Ramirez beat Stevenson in the bantamweight gold-medal match at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Cuba's Ramirez, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, will attempt to continue rebuilding his reputation by winning his third straight professional fight on Stevenson's undercard June 9 in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Two boxing cards made. I am happy.

The time have come and the boxing card is made. Not inspiration to some people, but a jewel to us boxing fans who want boxing now.

Comment

11 fights. Do any of those move the needle for you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I was at Jared Anderson's last fight and Vianello's pro debut so I am following their careers. Stevenson should win easily in a stay busy fight. Hopefully the Magdaleno fight is a good scrap!

Comment

Barely, but only due to the lack of live boxing. Otherwise these cards remind me of a FNF.

Comment

Better than nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Better than nothing...
              Stevenson-Rivera would have been way better what the heck happened to that.

Oh well I just hope this sets up a bad ass Stevenson-Magdaleno showdown

Comment

Shakur is a real talent, not always the most exciting guy but he might want to take advantage of this opportunity.

I was a huge fan of Robeisy Ramírez as an amateur and I'm interested in his progress under Ismael Salas, a guy who is not only a world class coach as an amateur and pro but someone who understands Cuban culture and the many distractions that Cuban athletes find when they arrive at the states.

Guido Vianello is a good prospect so that should be a short and fun fight.

Basically, three good talents against overmatched opponents but is the first taste of real boxing in a long time so I can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                  The time have come and the boxing card is made. Not inspiration to some people, but a jewel to us boxing fans who want boxing now.
                  Exactly. Any boxing is better than no boxing and these matchups aren't bad considering the circumstances. On top of that, even the most one sided looking matchups might not go as planned. How many times have we seen upsets in boxing?
                  It amazes me that people are whining and complaining about the matchups when we haven't seen a boxing match in months.
                  Anyone complaining is either a miserable human being or someone who trolls just for the sake of complaining.
                  I don't care who's in the ring at this point, I want to see boxing again in any capacity. It's unrealistic to think high profile matchups are going to be made right away without a gate. I don't know what the complainers were expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                    Barely, but only due to the lack of live boxing. Otherwise these cards remind me of a FNF.
                    And what's wrong with that? I've seen some good Friday Night Fights over the years. Or you could watch nothing. Would that satisfy you more?

Comment

Working...
                    X