Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Splits With Garcia, Training For Comeback With Robles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Splits With Garcia, Training For Comeback With Robles

When former three-division world titlist Abner Mares returns to the ring later this year he will have a new head trainer in Manny Robles. Mares has parted ways with Robert Garcia and is now being trained by Robles, Mares told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday night. Garcia served as Mares' head trainer for three fights, leading him to victories over Jesus Cuellar to win a secondary featherweight title in 2016 and a successful title defense against Andres Gutierrez in 2017 before Mares dropped a unanimous decision in a world title rematch against Leo Santa Cruz in an exciting battle that was also for Los Angeles bragging rights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for both. I would hope. Like to see Mares in the ring again. With Robles, you know he enters the ring ready. Nothing against the Garcia camp. Much respect there. Props to SC Boxing!

Comment

Dan . This is a month old news, we all knew about this , snap out. Stop ordering extra cheese on those burgers and info yourself.

Comment

Mares is old news; he will be knocked out by any decent journeyman at this point.

Comment

Abner Mares sound is ready.

I understand him and he handle the decent way. Respect to Abner Mares. Also, I hope he have one last hurrah and retire for his health, especially his eye.

Comment

He takes too many clean punches

Comment

Working...
            X