Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I'd Rather See Santa Cruz-Russell Than Santa Cruz-Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I'd Rather See Santa Cruz-Russell Than Santa Cruz-Davis

Paulie Malignaggi admires Leo Santa Cruz's ambition. The Showtime analyst is impressed by Santa Cruz's insistence on fighting a younger, stronger Gervonta Davis in a weight class that's not optimal for the four-division champion. Malignaggi just wishes Santa Cruz instead would've remained at featherweight and figured out a way to finally fight Gary Russell Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

davis cannot make the 130 lb limit santa cruz is demanding

Comment

Would absolutely love to see this one instead. Porky has too many options at LW to try and weasel his way into fighting a guy 2 weight classes below him. Porky does all that barking on Twitter only to not fight anybody he calls out. What a damn joke.

Comment

We all would but Santa Cruz has sold out for money willing to put his head on the chopping block to make Davis a star. Same as Mikey did for Spence. Expect Davis to not make weight and knock Santa Cruz's featherfisted(he wasnt even a big puncher at 122/126) ass out.

Comment

Well of course Russell is the longest reigning champ, he only fights once a year. I agree with Paulie, Russell vs Santa Cruz is a way better fight.
          Still Ford pinto Davis can't make 130. I'll be surprised if this fight happens.

Comment

Santa Cruz has ZERO advantages vs either and I can't realistically see him beating either but because there would be no size difference in a Russell Jr fight, that would be my preference.

Comment

Used to be that cleaning out your weight class wasn’t an option. Still have more respect for those fighters that try to do so. If you can’t even show an effort to prove you are the best in your weight then how could we ever say you are a pound for pound fighter. For those fighters give the match makers all the glory. Collecting the weakest titles in multiple division just make one an opportunist.

Comment

Working...
              X