Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Promoters Will Look For Any Reason To Underpay Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Promoters Will Look For Any Reason To Underpay Fighters

Paulie Malignaggi completely understands the psychological impact boxing before very few people will have on fighters that feed off crowds. The retired two-division champion remembers how important fans were to him on fight night whether they cheered or booed him. That's why the Showtime analyst acknowledges how eliminating fans will worsen atmospheres in a post-pandemic boxing world.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i don't know why some people like to hate paulie but i love the guy he's good for boxing in so many ways.

Comment

Bit like saying the sun comes up every morning though...

Comment

Originally posted by IHATEBOBARUM1 View Post
        i don't know why some people like to hate paulie but i love the guy he's good for boxing in so many ways.
        The only people who like to hate him at the ones who are insecure, once he says something that doesn't align with their dumb thinking then its all hate. If he says something that they like then he is the best thing since the moon landing.

Comment

Originally posted by IHATEBOBARUM1 View Post
          Paulie says some off the wall stuff and gets judged for it but the dude knows boxing and at the end of the day its entertainment at its finest

Comment

Not afraid to speak his mind and not play the politics. I do not always agree with what Paulie says even though he has good insight, he still seems to speak his mind and tell it like it is without a filter. Most people who own a business are in it to make the most amount of money possible. It should come to no surprise that the promoters are trying to pay the fighters less money. This way they can keep them under control with the promise of higher paydays etc.

Bottom line is the fighters agreed to w/e deal they signed with their promoter. If they dislike the contract they can do something about it like other fighters in the past have. I personally dislike promoters and it is ironic since it is the fans who have been feeding them.

Comment

That's why it was important to secure contracts with high guaranteed minimums like Crawford, Andrade, etc.

Comment

if paulie was a promoter he would line his pockets too and convince himself he deserved it

Comment

I agree with Paulie to a point, of course the man is always looking for ways to screw the little guy, but live gates do matter. I hear Paulie, in his particular case and career, yeah, I would say gates don't matter as much, I'm sure Paulie's bulk of his purse came just from the TV revenue, with fighters nowadays that are similar to Paulie that probably holds true, they could probably still get the bulk of their purses through TV. Now, that being said, fighters who make big purses, fighters who are star attractions, definitely going to need those live gates in order for the cards to be successful. They need the gates to make a good profit, considering in those cases, most of the TV revenue goes to the fighters. So it all depends, on the type of fighter you are, if your a mid-level contender like Paulie was most of his career, or an up and comer, this probably won't affect you much, but the established fighters are the ones that are going to get the brunt of this.

Comment

It's always these ****s who say this until it's them in the position to have to pay people. You either change the structure of the system or STFU. Don't just be a simpleton and say: "Pay the fighters more!" That's just virtue signaling and cowardly.

Comment

Working...
                    X