Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield: My Son Evan Can Be Better Than Me In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield: My Son Evan Can Be Better Than Me In Boxing

Four-time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield has high hopes for his son Evan Holyfield, the 22-year-old prospect who made his pro debut in November. The super welterweight Holyfield has gotten out of the gates with a fast start with four wins and scored three knockouts, and his Hall of Fame father believes his son has the makings to be a special fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't see it, not too many son of a legend ever reach near the heights of their fathers.

Comment

hope he does well, as his father was/is one of my favorite fighters of all time.
      but, if he cant excel, Pops has what, 10, 11 more kids to try?

Comment

No Evander.

No he can not.

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post
          hope he does well, as his father was/is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            I don't see it, not too many son of a legend ever reach near the heights of their fathers.
            Me neither. Holyfield Snr was an Olympic medallist before turning pro.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              I agree. I don’t see it.

People have to realize when an athlete has kids. They are only HALF of you. If the mother is just a trophy wife then well you’re offspring is not going to be better than you. I am saying it’s not he case 100% of the time but it’s genetics.

There’s only a few cases when the son was better then the father and I think that’s Peyton, Eli, Mayweather ( don’t even have to say junior) , You can make an argument for Corey Spinks and that’s really it on the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post
                Those 11 kids is his last shot to bring in his last payday.

Comment

i dont think so man , but maybe he will suprise us

Comment

Chris Eubank snr you to say that, no one believes that selling point anymore. You cannot create this next generation sort of fighter from their dad, they grew up from poverty and were hungry when they came into boxing, their sons were more comfortable and were only doing this because their fathers were known boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X