Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Expects Joshua Buatsi Showdown To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Expects Joshua Buatsi Showdown To Happen

Callum Johnson believes that a huge domestic clash with rising Light-Heavyweight star Joshua Buatsi is inevitable down the line as he spoke with Chris Lloyd in the latest episode of Matchroom Boxing's podcast The Lockdown Tapes'.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Callum Johnson absolutely obliterates Buatsi. Buatsi should not take this fight yet, to soon, or he needs to go another route.

Comment

I like buatsi. Really nice and fluid combinations. Aggressive style, good bodywork, but damn does he need to work on his defense.

That basic high guard defense won't work at the highest level. Doesn't even use head movement/upper body movement or takes a step back to make his opponent miss. Most of the time, he just absorbs punches on his guard and also leaves himself open for overhand rights whenever he leads to the body. Even tough, but limited Ryan Ford was consistently able to land that punch.

Comment

Struggle to call it, Buatsi needs to tighten up his defence and Johnson definitely has the power to exploit that. Good scrap for both fighters, has entertainment written all over it. I like both tbh.

Comment

Callum comes over well as a person, but I definitely like Joshua better as a fighter plus I think Joshua is too intelligent for Callum. Buatsi has a good ring IQ & will make adjustments whereas Callum is pretty straight ahead. I can't see Callum winning this one which is a shame for him as he's reaching the age where this could be his last defeat at title level.

Comment

I'd definitely like to see this one. It may be too much for Buatsi at this stage but I still give him the slightest of edge. Callum can crack hard but I think Buatsi has more tools in his toolbox...he just needs to be disciplined and keep defensive lapses to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
            X