Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Pacquiao Fight Only One We Want For Mikey At Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Pacquiao Fight Only One We Want For Mikey At Welterweight

Mikey Garcia performed much better in his second welterweight fight than in his debut at the 147-pound limit. Almost a year after Errol Spence Jr. dominated him in their 12-round IBF title fight, Garcia dropped former WBO champ Jessie Vargas in the fifth round and beat him by unanimous decision in another 12-rounder. Garcia's success against Vargas on February 29 in Frisco, Texas, encouraged Garcia to continue competing at welterweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Who benefits from this waste of time fight? I wonder how many fighters would be calling out to fight other fighters if the purses were winner take all?

Comment

weak axx... so it's just a money grab fight then.

will mikey and his father stick to what they said before about how if mikey doesnt stop manny within 9 rounds then dont pay them. are they still sticking to this plan? lol.

Comment

I think Mimey should fight Porter and if he can beat him then possibly throw his name in the hat for a shot at 147. Porter makes a good measuring stick for anybody at 147 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
          weak axx... so it's just a money grab fight then.

will mikey and his father stick to what they said before about how if mikey doesnt stop manny within 9 rounds then dont pay them. are they still sticking to this plan? lol.
          Yes, and there we have the truth of the matter! Garcia isn't fighting any other top 147ers, just looking for another money grab. Forget that "9 rounds or less"l as well hahaha, just more meaningless bull.

Comment

Mikey's last fight was a lopsided decision loss to Spence OVER A YEAR AGO.

But I'm supposed to get hyped for him vs Manny?

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
              I think Mimey should fight Porter and if he can beat him then possibly throw his name in the hat for a shot at 147. Porter makes a good measuring stick for anybody at 147 IMO
              He's not deserving of Porter. Porter is a top dog. He needs to work himself up the food chain for that shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                Mikey fan here, and he gets DESTROYED by Porter. Stylistically, he's the worst matchup of any welterweight for Mikey

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
                  Who benefits from this waste of time fight? I wonder how many fighters would be calling out to fight other fighters if the purses were winner take all?
                  Who benefits?! Everyone. Most importantly.... the fans! That would be a great fight. Both fighters get paid, that fight sells well. And as the article states, it's likely the only shot Mikey has at a welterweight belt

Comment

This proves you don’t know quality. Mikey Garcia did something few have done. The Spence fight was expected. To fight a champ at 140 to 135 then up to 147. Mikey vs Manny would be a heck of a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X