Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: My Return To Boxing is Just a Matter of Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: My Return To Boxing is Just a Matter of Time

Former two division world champion Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez, 45 years old, is looking forward to his return to the ring. After six years in retirement, he planned to fight on June 6. The comeback was pushed back due to the coronavirus pandemic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

they should have a elderly division with all these old people coming back

Comment

martiniz v tyson so it is then

Comment

Please just leave 'em hanging there Champ. Leave us with the good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
          they should have a elderly division with all these old people coming back
          Yeah and over 40 Division

Headgear, bigger gloves, and 15 rounders that would be funny to watch

Comment

Keep your gloves hanging, no reason to due more bodily harm especially if you get hurt to the extent that you can’t even enjoy the pay you make!

Maravilla will always be one of my favorite fighters!

Skills, power, speed, unorthodox, heart, work ethic and determination he had it in spades!

What he did to Paul The Punisher Williams made him the new boogeyman of boxing!

So many good memories when he was at his peak, just stay retired champ and or stick to doing exhibitions!

I’m sure some people in Argentina would pay to watch you and Marcos go at it even without it being a full licensed pro boxing match!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Yeah and over 40 Division

Headgear, bigger gloves, and 15 rounders that would be funny to watch
              Nah just 3 rounders but everything else you said was spot on!

Did you see the Chavez Sr vs Arce exhibition match? That shît was better than many pro combat fights nowadays!

Comment

Cotto vs Martinez ranks up there as one of the hardest fights I ever watched. Just so sad to see him as such a shell of who he used to be. Enjoy retirement champ. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

stay retired sergio.

Comment

Loved watching Martinez over the years. Took great pleasure in the Chavez Jnr victory after all the WBC politics and that icing of Paul Williams will live long in the memory.

But the Cotto match was sad to witness as it all began to unfold, badly. His overly long shorts to cover up the heavy strapping to his knees were fooling nobody, least of all Cotto.

I'm not sure he should be questioning such a clear and obvious decision 6 years later.

Comment

Working...
                    X