No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts From Pillar To Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Thoughts From Pillar To Post

Having already ranted about my disgust with Bob Arum and HBO for charging fight fans $49.95 for the Hasim Rahman–Oleg Maskaev rematch this Saturday night I’ve decided to let that previous article stand on its own rather than spending anymore time on it. Instead I’ve taken out the mental broom and decided to clean out my cluttered boxing mind.

I’m a little surprised at all the gnashing of teeth over Vernon Forrest’s decision victory over Ike Quartey. I had Quartey up by two points after ten rounds, and that would include the point deduction taken from Forrest for a low blow. It’s funny how different scoring a fight can be on television rather than live. Most ringside observers had the bout close while most who watched on television had Quartey up by three, four, even five points. Regardless, I would definitely watch the two of them again, either against each other or any other 154 pound fighter.
    [details]

Yes on:

*Erik Morales' November date with Pacquiao.

*Bernard Hopkins retirement.

*No license for Holyfield and Hearns.

*Canastota (though I doubt I'll make it next year).

*Mayweather's need-to-do's.

* John Duddy.

*Roy Jones fighting at the fringes (I don't think Roy will pay to watch himself do the things he's doing if he keeps on doing them.)

My mind says "maybe", my heart screams "No!" on:

*Juarez winning over Marco

Comment

Originally posted by grayfist
      Yes on:

*Erik Morales' November date with Pacquiao.

*Bernard Hopkins retirement.

*No license for Holyfield and Hearns.

*Canastota (though I doubt I'll make it next year).

*Mayweather's need-to-do's.

* John Duddy.

*Roy Jones fighting at the fringes (I don't think Roy will pay to watch himself do the things he's doing if he keeps on doing them.)

My mind says "maybe", my heart screams "No!" on:

*Juarez winning over Marco
      haha i was just about to post this exact same thing, and i enjoyed reading the article man

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRingside
        haha i was just about to post this exact same thing, and i enjoyed reading the article man
        LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP
          Having already ranted about my disgust with Bob Arum and HBO for charging fight fans $49.95 for the Hasim Rahman–Oleg Maskaev rematch this Saturday night I’ve decided to let that previous article stand on its own rather than spending anymore time on it. Instead I’ve taken out the mental broom and decided to clean out my cluttered boxing mind.

I’m a little surprised at all the gnashing of teeth over Vernon Forrest’s decision victory over Ike Quartey. I had Quartey up by two points after ten rounds, and that would include the point deduction taken from Forrest for a low blow. It’s funny how different scoring a fight can be on television rather than live. Most ringside observers had the bout close while most who watched on television had Quartey up by three, four, even five points. Regardless, I would definitely watch the two of them again, either against each other or any other 154 pound fighter.
          [details]
          From Pillar To Post? LOL, thats the name of my column!

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation
            i thought at first you wrote it.LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation
              LOL!!! Sue Hurley for infringement? LOL!!!

Comment

hearns has never had his license revoked for any reason as far as i know? he just fought within the year so im pretty sure he can fight whoever the hell he would want.

which i do not support, just pointing out the diff between hearns and holy situations.

Comment

Working...
                X