Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Dubois: British Boxing Figures Give Their Takes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Dubois: British Boxing Figures Give Their Takes

DANIEL DUBOIS facing fellow knockout artist Deontay Wilder, could be one of Heavyweight boxing's big fights of 2021 according to the British champion's trainer Martin Bowers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ok so the majority of the British boxing community thinks since Fury beat Wilder that Dubois can do it too. I just wanna get it straight the arguably #1 heavyweight in the world ( Fury ) who is 6'9" 270 pounds beats Wilder so Dubois is bound to be able to. I mean he did beat Gorman so its only logical he can beat Wilder.

Some people's logic literally makes no sense to me.

Comment

I wouldn't hate Triple D's chances vs Wilder.

Doesn't matter I see virtually zero chance of this fight happening anytime soon or perhaps ever as Wilder is likely a handful of fights from retirement. Wilder is still too big & Triple D still isn't ready for THAT big of a fight & I tend to doubt Warren would throw him in with a top 3ish guy if it was doable next. Although of the top 3 Wilder would be the guy you'd wanna take on in a no lose situation like this if you were Triple D cuz it's arguably his best chance for winning a top 3 guy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        Ok so the majority of the British boxing community thinks since Fury beat Wilder that Dubois can do it too. I just wanna get it straight the arguably #1 heavyweight in the world ( Fury ) who is 6'9" 270 pounds beats Wilder so Dubois is bound to be able to. I mean he did beat Gorman so its only logical he can beat Wilder.

Quite right old boy quite right. Sometimes my countrymen embarrass me with stuff like this. It’s collective psychosis. The fight isn’t happening, wilder hasn’t spoken about it, PBC hasn’t spoken about it, there is no reward fo wilder, wilder is fighting fury for the trilogy, it just goes to show you how business is done in boxing in Britain. Both Lucifer Hearn and Fisheyes use the exact same tactics to try and lure fighters from other promotions instead of making fights in house

Comment

People are over looking Joyce , and talking as if Wilder is on another level to these guys to they have to wait but if DDD can get by a Joyce he will get by Wilder who won’t bring that pressure . Style wise Joyce is another bad fight for Wilder more then DDD who is more stationary. The truth is Joyce or any other capable boxer with a punch is a threat to Wilder if they land and both are impressive in just a dozen fights to be fighting near a world title ,take the fight if it’s there but will Wilder have that belt ? I doubt that .
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-07-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunde Ajayi
            Tunde Ajayi believes Daniel’s promoter Frank Warren is right to call out Wilder and predicted: “I fancy Daniel to knockout Wilder.''

Frank Warren and Tunde 'Kittens in the camp' Ajavi ruined the UK's promising LHW prospect Anthony Yarde last year by attempting to cherry-pick the battle tested seasoned veteran, hard-hitting Sergay Kovalev for the WBO LHW title.

Now I assume that team DDD believe that Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder will KO Tyson Fury and re-capture the WBC HW championship ; why else would they be venturing to test the hardest puncher of all time? Without a title, there is nothing to gain and everything to loses.

Just look at were Anthony Yarde was last fighting in, is this Daniel Duboi's future?

Comment

FFS, he's got enough on his hands right now with JJ, without this needless speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Yes! I agree with you. People on here sometimes say to me : "How can you know anything when you aren't a boxer yourself??". Then I'm like "Have you seen what boxers themselves say???" Most of them know nothing about the sport - other than what they do themselves in the ring.

Dubois has beaten literally no-one in his career and now he is going to beat a guy who knocked almost every one of 45 opponents out. Normally I would slate Wilder's record but it full of *way* better opponents than Dubois' record. Wilder is fast and he lands those right hands in every fight - including both Fury fights.

Comment

"fantastic fight in 12 months"

Depends how DDs boxing trajectory is by that time.

If wilder loses to Fury then he may be no more in 12 months time.. if DD loses to Joyce then he's back to the drawing board (although I don't think it'll effect his long term goals)..

If both Win then is DD on Wilders radar? Id imagine It'd be a dragged out sitcom with AJ then..

If Wilder does lose and carry on and DD wins then I'd fancy a bout in UK in the favour of DD although I'd think Warren would cash in on a trip to America.... Question is, could the slamma' attract the crowds back?....

Comment

Dboi fought a heavyweight named Fujimoto in his last fight, at home. That's no threat, that wasn't a pick. If Joe wasn't slow as a statue, I wouldn't give D a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X