Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: The Klitschko Brothers Pt. 2: Vitali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: The Klitschko Brothers Pt. 2: Vitali

By Cliff Rold - A deep dive through the career of Wladimir completed, the page turns to the elder of the impressive family duo. It was a career cut short and then reimagined for Vitali Klitschko. Regarded far and wide as the best heavyweight in the world at the end of 2004, a series of injury issues caused multiple delays in a planned mandatory defense against former heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman in 2005. Following...
    [Click Here To Read More]

his resume sucks mah balls

Comment

Scott Steiner was a legend. Damn

Now to the article.

Vitali's best W is Corey Sanders in my Op.

Would Corey Sanders kill Fury prime for prime ?

In my Book he kills him and smiles, absolute destruction. He would have fun too.
      Now that's different eras but still. Sanders tough as nails, just imagine what he'd do to Wilder?

Older Vitali was not the same. Granted Chisora had an 1A Iron chin, Vitali probably had his hardest night against the Donkey there in Munich.
      Haye punished the Donkey afterwards but that's a different story.
      All time Vitali for me is way behind Wlad.
      Wlad in his prime with Steward in the corner and his foot-speed in tact was a beast !

Wlad Top 10 HW all time
      Vitali Top 30

Comment

I had Vitali as the better of the 2 at one point. Injuries killed him.

Comment

Wladdy had a better resume but Vitali had the better chin and the better fighter. Never like Wlad because like Tommy Morrison, it always seemed like he was one punch away from disaster. Vitali walked through the same punches from Sanders that but Wlad on queer Street

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
            Scott Steiner was a legend. Damn

Now to the article.

Vitali's best W is Corey Sanders in my Op.

Would Corey Sanders kill Fury prime for prime ?

In my Book he kills him and smiles, absolute destruction. He would have fun too.
            Now that's different eras but still. Sanders tough as nails, just imagine what he'd do to Wilder?

Older Vitali was not the same. Granted Chisora had an 1A Iron chin, Vitali probably had his hardest night against the Donkey there in Munich.
            Haye punished the Donkey afterwards but that's a different story.
            All time Vitali for me is way behind Wlad.
            Wlad in his prime with Steward in the corner and his foot-speed in tact was a beast !

Wlad Top 10 HW all time
            Vitali Top 30
            Wald top ten? What’s your top ten? Let’s see this list lol.

Comment

I gave Wlad much props.. Because everyone knew he had a glass Jaw... But they still couldn't hit it!

Comment

I've enjoyed both parts of this series. Both are really well written articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                  I've enjoyed both parts of this series. Both are really well written articles.
                  Much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Any version of Vitali would destroy TFO any version of Fury. But we saw that bad version of Wlad didn't beat Fury.

Also, OLD Vitali deteriorated to the point that he couldn't KTFO his opponent but won UD12 with no doubt. I bet ANY heavyweight boxer would gladly take that deterioration as the only con of getting old. When Wlad got old he couldn't beat AJ and Fury... Although I wish we saw a rematch with Fury 9 month later...

Had my life depended on a boxer match I would always picked prime Vitali over prime Wlad. For Wlad it's one punch for everything to change. For Vitali though it's one HECK OF A TRAUMA only... and still he wouldn't be genuinely beaten or get Knocked Down.

P.S. Vitali has NEVER been knocked down in the history of boxing! Who else can say that? Also, his KO rate was a record until his last fights and he let Briggs jump out of the hook only because he didn't KO him too early for bigger payday which consists of more rounds of the fight.
                    Last edited by Ajvar; 05-07-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X